#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Arrived yesterday from MAC 1...just went with the steel breech and Tim's accuracy prep including his bullet proof seal...I put my old Weaver rimfire scope on to siight it in until I order an adjustable rear sight...still have more pellets to try...then I'll get it on my chrony....Sighted in at 10 yards..then tried some groups...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

Congrats on the new toy, a fun gun for sure. Enjoy!

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

Nice shooter there Rich. That should be fun.One thing I might mention when post pic on this type of forum. You're posting a URL and you should be posting the [IMG] image link. That way instead of a link the picture itself will show.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

One thing I might mention when post pic on this type of forum. You're posting a URL and you should be posting the image link. That way instead of a link the picture itself will show.

Thats what I have used here all along..but today,for some reason,the "IMG" did not work...so I went with the other option....I'll try again,but this is first time I've had an issue here with "IMG"...Edit...this is what happens here when I try to use IMG code...weird....never run into this before...[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/richwoods/CR1377C%20MAC%201/Crosman1377CMAC1Tuned005.jpg

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

Another attempt...Ok ...here is what happened...I created a new album in Photobucket for these pistol pics.....apparently,their program seen it as a "move" from another album...hence the broken link....so just now I loaded this pic into an existing album of mine at PB and now it works...I'll go back and re-load pics into an existing album and revise my original post...Ordered an adjustable rear sight today....LPA low profile...will pull scope,then re-sight in with open sights...not sure yet which I'll use...but want to use open sights rather than a scope...Posted Image

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

I wondered if something like that was the case. It's working great now. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Looks good Rich. I'm curious what did Tim charge you for the mods and work? I have a 1377 that I bought a while back and have been toying with upgrading it.

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

Accuracy Prep: $25. It includes the longer bolt probe, bolt o-ring, the chamber & crown mods and the trigger spring as well. Steel breech : $35Derlin breech seal: $10I did not get the power prep as Tim told me that is much better with a longer barrel. I wanted to stick with the stock barrel as I intend on using it at 20-25 yards... Power prep/longer barrel would add about another $45....My chrony numbers: 10 pumps...RWS Super-H-Points: 550 FPS.....@ 5 Pumps....457 FPSRWS Diabolo Basic(Wadcutters): 540 FPS......@ 5 pumps...458 FPSBeeman Crow Mags (8.8 gr): 506 FPSAA's Dome (8.44gr)..500 FpS..@ 5 pumps...425 FPS..The steel breech comes with 11mm dove tail and allows fitting either adjustable rear sights or scope...I ordered a LPA MIM low profile sight from B&A yesterday...There are many mod options available from various suppliers(power valves, Flat top cup/pistons,etc)..that I decided to start with a basic platform...

#9 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Rich thanks for the info. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my 1377. I guess I will have to go by Tims shop on Tuesday and drop it off for some upgrades. :pirashoot:

#10 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

When you see him,tell him I'm tickled to death with both the 1377 and Disco.....BTW...there is an open FT match April 18/19....in the Temecula area...think TIM knows the guy hosting it...I'm signed up...you may want to ask TIM about "LD's FT match.... :pirashoot:

#11 Andrey

Andrey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:surfing, painting, small crafts, tennis, crowling, guns

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

Little cosmetic modifications, otherwise feels absolutely terrible. BSA pistol scope + steel breach. Very accurate pistol for the price! Open sights don't work for me - pistol able to kill crows up to 25 yards (somebody claims distances to 50 yards) and optics really help me to aim. And because of no recoil they keep adjustment for a long time.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users