4 replies to this topic

#1 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

So I sold a shotgun to someone up north. His FFL will accept from private party. I know pistols have to go FedEx or UPS but can I ship a regular ole 870 USPS? Just makin sure. Thanks

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Long guns can be shipped USPS.No Ammo, no handguns.

#3 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

Double check, but its my understanding that in California you have to ship from FFL to FFL. Don't want to see you get yourself in any trouble. Robert

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

You as a private party can ship directly to an FFL in the buyers state. It is NOT required to go FFL to FFL. You will need a copy of the buyer's FFL license and verify that it is in fact legit. There is an 800 number you can call on the FFL license to check it's validity. Then ship it to the buyer's FFL. Also, notify the buyer's FFL what exactly you are shipping so they know to look for it, and for whom it is destined.Handguns can be sent via UPS or Fedex. They both have different rules for how you send them via those commercial carriers. Handguns cannot be sent via regular USPS.Darren

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Many FFL won't give you a copy of their license if you arent also an FFL. (Think about it, if you have a copy of their FFL you could pose as their rep and make purchases with it.) If you get the ## from their license, which they will provide if you ask for the purpose of verification, you can verify through the BATFE website that the FFL is legit and current.Many USPS do not know the rules regarding firearms shipment. Print this part of the ATF's FAQ page along with the website address when you go. It's also required that you declare you're shipping a firearm http://www.atf.gov/f...faq/faq2.htm#b7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users