• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

If you have a call box that is powered by a 12-volt gel cell (mine is a Minaska Big Country powered by a 1.2 AH gel cell) and you would like the option of solar charging your unit, it's quick and easy. Go on eBay and use this link to order Ebay link to solar panelOutput: 2+/- Watts / Actual size: 6-1/2"x4-3/4"x1/2" The eBay seller is: chaslyncompany ( 1595 ), Price is $24.95. It was a quick delivery and that little sucker puts out the juice. If you don't believe me, stick your tongue on the contacts when you get it set up and you'll be a believer......LOL Here is a photo of the panel. You'll have to cut the plug off to install the plug of your choice. I used an RCA type plug.Posted ImageBelow is a photo of the outside of the caller with the female solar charging receptacle installed.Posted ImageBelow is a pic of the inside showing the wiring direct to the battery. Make sure you have the polarity correct!!!Posted Image Below...On stand, I drape the call box and the solar panel with netting to create a more natural appearance. The decoy is the only exposed object. Just one layer of net over the panel's face still allows for plenty of charging surface. Posted ImageThe solar option is nice if you want to set your caller out and hunker down for as long as you want before calling. As it sits there, it's charging. My Minaska also has a built-in decoy and the panel helps to offset battery drain. It's great too because I can charge up anytime and anywhere there is sunlight. I believe a solar charger can also be used with just about any type of rechargeable battery system. It's well worth the money spent. It might even save your bacon if your rig's battery goes flat. Enjoy....

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

I think Obama might have a cabinet position with your name on it :signs1180lq: Cool set up you got there....thanks for the tip.

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

My God man! If we all don't immediately install wind or solar chargers for our call boxes, the carbon footprint will destroy the world. Oh the humanity! Al Gore and Saint Obama :signs1180lq: will save us all. I say we remove the lead wheel weights from our tires now just in case a Condor swoops down and mistakes one for a yellow bellied tit mouse. We must do all we can to save the planet before it's too late. I just ordered my first case of Tofu bullets from China. I am doing all I can. :014:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,658 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

:smiley-funny-post-sign: You're a good man Red! :roflmao3[1]: I'm glad we're getting some use out of my little Hitler smiley.

#5 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

Al Gore and Saint Obama :smiley-funny-post-sign:

:roflmao3[1]: I broke some good wind this morning ;) ...does that count for anything

#6 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

That Hitler smiley is awesome! :smiley-funny-post-sign:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users