11 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:56 PM

Now that the rain stopped I finally tested some loads in my new rifle. I know what powder I need, and I need a few pounds of powder to get me thru the summer. Problem is, EVERYBODY is out of H335. Everyone from Sac to Vac is plumb out and they don't know how much or when new shipments will arrive. A few of us were talking about ordering powder after the club meeting. But I live so far away from everybody else I think it would be more economical/easier for me just pay the $20 hazmat fee myself than to drive into Sac and pick up my stuff if we did a large group order. Plus, I need that powder NOW. :lol: I don't want to wait around for a group buy.Where's a good place to order powder on the web? I suppose I'll just order 8lbs and get it over with. Midway charges regular shipping + $20 hazmat + $9.99 on top of that, but 8lbs is only $124. That will still come to about $20/lb shipped.Anybody have any advice? I need to place this order asap. I'm desperate!

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

I'm looking for the website where I ordered my last primers and powder, it was a place in KS. If and when I find it I will edit this post to include the website address for ya.Found it .... http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ $111 for 8 lbs of the H335

#3 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:19 PM

I can't wait until the end of the month... but thanks for the offer. Yes I saw powdervalley's web site and faxed my ID today. I'll order Monday first thing. :lol: Now I just need to figure out where to store 8lbs of powder. (I know, store all that powder inside 2000 pieces of 223 brass)

#4 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:41 AM

Powder Valley has always been good , only hang-up is the FedEx delivery , we asked for a certain time frame and could'nt seem to get on the same page , you need to sign for it so make sure you're around , this is hard when you're working at the same time FedEx is delivering . I did get my powder eventually .
I might be tired from hunting , but I will never tire of hunting .49er Faithful

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:45 AM

Powder Valley has always been good , only hang-up is the FedEx delivery , we asked for a certain time frame and could'nt seem to get on the same page , you need to sign for it so make sure you're around , this is hard when you're working at the same time FedEx is delivering . I did get my powder eventually .

Excellent point. Maybe he can have it delivered at work?

#6 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:06 AM

I ordered from Powder Valley two days ago. I have 8 lbs of H335 on the way for a total of $141.55 shipped. No more driving around frantically looking for powder that nobody seems to keep stocked up. This should last me the rest of the year. :P Good thing, I'm down to my last 100 rounds...

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

I may end up doing the same thing ... I can't find any H335 locally, either.

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

non here and I only have a pound left :P
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

I found some today locally when I went it to pick up some 55 grain V-Max.

#10 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:22 PM

I found some today locally when I went it to pick up some 55 grain V-Max.

I use Powder Valley all the time for powder and primers. UPS drops it off on the porch without making anyone sign for it. Wifezilla gets mad at them for that.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Wifezilla gets mad at them for that.

:lol: I love that, I am going to have to try and remember that one!

#12 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

They shipped it Fedex, hope they will leave it on the door like UPS does out here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users