7 replies to this topic

#1 pshaw54

pshaw54

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

looking to purchase a crossbow for coyotes and other varmints. any recommendations? thanks!

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

How much money are you willing to spend?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 pshaw54

pshaw54

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

looking to spend about $200-300

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I don't know what kind of crossbow performance you're going to get for that kind of money. I spent $600+ on my first crossbow package 5 years ago and just last year, spent $1400 for a BowTech Stryker (the fastest crossbow on the market). The problem with crossbows is that they are considered firearms so you can't use it during archery seasons. I use mine during the general rifle seasons, pig hunting and also for hunting city coyotes where a loud BANG would draw alot of attention. A crossbow for me is just another method for taking game or predators. It's an expensive hobby too because you don't just have the crossbow to think about but the maintenance like cables, strings, pulleys, and cams that you have to take care of. Then you have the projectiles or bolts, as folks call them. They aren't cheap either. Good Luck with your crossbow purchase. Most good crossbows are going to cost you more than the $200-300 you are currently willing to spend. :signs1180lq:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#5 pshaw54

pshaw54

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

hmm, i primarily want to use it for city yotes, too. low noise is good. any websites i can do research on? not planning on using it during deer season.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Cabela's has a bunch on their website. Type in "crossbow sales" in your search engine and you should come up with a bunch of sellers.

#7 pshaw54

pshaw54

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

will do, thanks!

#8 Victor Alvarez

Victor Alvarez

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

i have a barnett wildcat c5 and i pay like 250 and you can hunt anything you want get like 320 fps and is kind of cool Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users