#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

RCBS Rock Chucker OR Redding Boss?????????? Redding is $8.00 cheaper. They make awesome dies.

#2 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:43 PM

I just purchased a boss, it works well except the primer catch is held on with a magnet and I have not failed once to knock it off and spill all the primers on the floor. I don't see any way to improve on the design, your just stuck with it. That alone is not enough reason not to buy one though.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

Actually, I don't use the primer attachment on the press. I use a hand primer and like it much better. I can sit in the living room and prime a lot of brass and have a much better feel on how they are seating. Just my 2 cents worth.

#4 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

I recently purchased an RCBS Rock Chucker kit and I like it. RCBS has a lifetime gurantee on their products, just call and they'll send a replacement. I also use a hand primer so I can prime a bunch of cases while watching tv in the house or whatever.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:45 PM

I've never had one of the Redding Presses, but the Rock Chucker I own is probably 30+ years old. I also am a hand primer.

#6 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:29 PM

Actually, I don't use the primer attachment on the press. I use a hand primer and like it much better. I can sit in the living room and prime a lot of brass and have a much better feel on how they are seating. Just my 2 cents worth.

Not what I meant. When you de-cap the primers fall into a little plastic box held on with a magnet, the box falls off. Save your self the aggravation and just let em go on the floor, then sweep them up, just kidding. :lol: I also hand prime for the correct feel.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:32 AM

Rock Chucker and hand priming is hard to beat. Rock Chucker is technically a stronger press and I used mine for many year to swage .224 bullets from spent .22 rimfire cases and lead pills I cast. It was hard work but the press never gave me any problem and is still tight as can be. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users