• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

I've just about worn out my old cassette style e-caller and I don't have the cash for a fox pro so I was thinking about trying to scrap some parts out of it to make another caller. I thought about replacing the tape deck in my caller with an automotive CD deck with a remote but the one I got only had a 6 meter range on the remote....it went back to kragens. I can salvage the two 6v recargable batteries and the horn speaker out of my caller. My wife has an i-pod shuffle that she probably wouldn't miss :) but I don't know if that would work for a call machine. Any ideas?
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Here's a pretty cool one:http://www.nodakoutd...pic.php?t=20626Or you could try the one over at Varmint-Als website.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

The Power Dogg by Primos is decent. Can pick one up for under $130 if you shop around. Or build a wireless one like El Cheapo and use an IPod with a wireless microphone.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Sounds like you not only have lots of parts to play with...but the ability to put them all together to make something out of virtually nothing. Here's what I got and it works well. Possibly you can improvise with what you have and come up with something. I built an el cheapo talked about on VarmintAl's sight. Basically I have a couple of portable E-callers and then use a radio shack amplifier and horn to drive the extra sound when needed. It will also work with MP3, cassette or any other plug in device. Good luck with your project and have fun....Posted Image

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

You can add a mini amp from radio shack and use the mp3. You have seen mine and heard it told me it sounds to robotic its your call. check this one out http://www.king-cart...ame=Prey master

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

The robotic sound may come from the recording or the speaker. After seeing exactly how much the Radio Shack amp costs, I still think you should go that route Matt. At least give it a try... By the way, I spoke with Adam today and I guess the Yellow Snow Run is this weekend. He said that he wants to go but he cracked the case on his pickup's tranny so he'll probably cruise the 'Vette up there again. I didn't get a chance to ask you if you were going before you had to get off the phone last night...
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Last time I talked to Adam he said he didn't feel like going and I was of the same opinion. I went to alot of long drive ECV events last year and I just don't feel like doing to many of those this year. I'm supposed to go pick up decoys at the duck club this weekend anyway.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

That sucks... I guess you can blame me since I was the first to break the tradition. :signs1242cn: Of course I don't think it will ever be the same as the Snow Run of '07!!! :roflmao3[1]:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users