#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

Just thought of this the other day...ordering a MAC 1 tuned Crossman 1377 pistol for shooting squirrels from my kayak...have seen some along the banks in rocks where I bass fish....Posted Image

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

The other nice thing is that you are allowed to carry concealed while fishing as well!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

Shooting squirrels from a kayak! That ought to be an experience in coordination. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

I hope you have your water wings. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

This should be interesting!! Good luck. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Just waiting for some warmer weather...local lake only 3 miles away...and my yak is very stable..

#7 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Just waiting for some warmer weather...local lake only 3 miles away...and my yak is very stable..

I've got a question for the Yak Man. I just bought a couple of fishing Yaks, I think the are Wilderness brand? Planning on using them in Monterey Bay but I'm wondering how you relieve yourself while out in the wild blue sea? I'm old and after coffee this becomes a serious problem. LOL
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#8 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Hey Dale, just cut a hole in the bottom of the boat and let it drain out into the ocean. :welcomeani: db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

:welcomeani: :welcomeani: :welcomeani: :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

Ha Ha Ha...well...my yak is a sit on top...and self drains...LOL....I have a float tubing buddy who wears DEPENDS...he says all you have to do is relieve yourself...and he says they work great....but...being a practical guy...I just use this.....Posted Image

#11 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

I've got a question for the Yak Man. I just bought a couple of fishing Yaks, I think the are Wilderness brand? Planning on using them in Monterey Bay but I'm wondering how you relieve yourself while out in the wild blue sea? I'm old and after coffee this becomes a serious problem. LOL

Bzzrd Feedr,I'm guessing you have a Wilderness Systems sit on top kayak. With a sit on top you're going have to be a bit more discrete, but easier, than with a sit inside kayak. It might involve thinking about what kind of trousers/bottoms you wear when you go fishing. I'm thinking that neoprene waders might be the call. That way if you have to get wet it's no big deal. Having paddled numerous times on Morro Bay, here's how I would handle natures call. 1. Drink your coffee earlier so buisness happens prior to being on the water, or better yet don't drink coffee at all. 2. If the above is not an option, stay close to shore or the sand spit. You can always pull up dig a hole and hide behind a tree or sand dune. Keep a hand trowel and some TP in a ziplock in one of your hatches.3. If you are caught out in the middle of the bay and you don't have enough time to make for shore. Paddle over to the shallow water near one of the numerous sandbars. This way you will have at least something to support you (stand on) so you can hang over the side and get yourself back up onto your kayak. Drop the waders :eck05: (BURRRRRRR) :yikes[1]: and take care of buisness. Paddle away when done. In no way am I condoning the placement of raw sewage into the bay. I'm just giving a solution to an emergency situation. :( later on if someone ask you if you have seen any fish, you can now tell them you saw some brown trout back over yonder (point to where you went). :got_pics: :pirashoot: :( McPS I had to do a version of number 3 mid channel one time on a paddle to Catalina. Let me tell you that when the guy I was paddling with started humming the Jaws theme song, it is a great motivator to finish buisness in a hurry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users