• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

Someone else with high quality brass for the 204 can't hurt. Heard it's supposed to be out this summer, then I went on midways site and there was the brass for sale, only .60 cents a piece ouch.

#2 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:16 AM

I went on midways site and there was the brass for sale, only .60 cents a piece ouch.

Now I dont feel so bad for paying .64 cents a piece for factory hornady rounds. :huh: Gonna have to buy some .204 dies. ;)

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

Now I dont feel so bad for paying .64 cents a piece for factory hornady rounds. :huh: Gonna have to buy some .204 dies. ;)

I would recommend Redding dies for your .204. :D

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

At a gun show about a month ago a friend of mine picked up 2 bags of Win brass, 100 in each bag for $0.13 cents appiece for his 204 Ruger... Guess he should have gotten a lot more...Frank

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Sounds like he needs to go back to the next show for more!

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:56 AM

Exactly Heath.... After the show I had asked him why he didn't clean them out, and he stated that they would not take a credit card and he had already spent most of his cash. I told him he should have said something (to me) as I still had plenty of cash he could have used.In fact, I almost(key word) bought the rest up myself, but the only thing stopping me was I do not own a 204 Ruger (yet?)... As the jury is still out on which 20 caliber I want. BTW, has anyone read the stats on the 20PPC? Man, it looks AWESOME... Of course the price of brass might be a killer?!?!Frank

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:35 AM

Frank,Have you seen anything yet on the 20 Practical? I was very impressed. Because the brass is a 223 case necked down it's got to be that much cheaper to reload than some of the other 20 caliber rounds.

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

Yes, I have Heath, and it is another great one for sure.... I have Todd Kindlers "Terrific Twenties" manual... He is the one that invented the 20 Tactical and probably a few others... It is sometimes called the Practical Tactical from what I understand and believe is the same one you are referring to?!And you are correct, it definitely has to be more affordable than many of the other 20's... I was very interested in the Tactical at first, and still am, but the 204 Ruger would be even more affordable and not much difference in performance/velocity etc from what I can tell ?!?!What impressed me about the 20PPC is its supposedly extremely accurate reputation. Being a PPC round that holds virtually all benchrest titles, this another line of great accurate rounds... supposedly! PLUS its HIGH velocity of 4400fps with a 33gr bullet with about the same powder charge as a 204 or Tac 20. Man, it just has it all seems like anyhow.... It's just that darn short, fat, cool looking brass that could be a pain in the rrrr's?Whew... would think I am a agent / salesman for the 20PPC, right?! LOL Anyway, just too many choices for my minature brain to soak in I guess? Fun stuff though!Frank

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

Frank,It was someone different than Todd Kindlers who developed it. I tried to find it for you but am coming up empty. Hopefully shooter John will see this and share the link with us.

#10 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

Sounds good Heath.... I thought it was Todd, but guess not... anyway, will be interesting as to who it is

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

It was someone different than Todd Kindlers who developed it. I tried to find it for you but am coming up empty. Hopefully shooter John will see this and share the link with us.

Here's the link. http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek061.html

#12 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

Thanks, John. How's yours coming along?

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

I've been to busy to call Weaver's. I'm sure it will be done when he's finished with it. :unsure: I wouldn't have a use for it right now anyway. :o

#14 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

That's it... I do have that one and believe bookmarked somewhere?! Got it and Todds mixed up somehow. Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users