• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:01 PM

Ok This Site is the one I found when I first starting looking into yote hunting then found PM Used alot of their information on how to do this just thought I would share my post form over there. As some of you read when I started my e-caller project I was trying to use an old Portable PA system. Thanks to Lion Ho's advice I decided to scrap the idea but to still use the case of the unit as the project box. Well Last week I completed my caller with the car speaker like Lion Ho suggested. I could not find a way to mount the amp and the battery pack in the case. I was a little frustrated. So being as I am on spring break I started my search for anew projet box. After several attempts that all failed I start thinking maybe I will go with a horn instead of the car speaker, I know the speaker is better Lion Ho but it seems like alot of guys her have been succesful with a horn. So I pick a horn and start looking at ABS pipe but can't find what I want. Yesterday I walk into AM/PM and see their big old soda mugs. I was like damn thats like those bubba mugs someone used from Wally World. So i buy one and head home. I cut the bottom out so I can epoxy the the horn in. Then I mount the on/off switch a flashing led and input plug on the lid. I also use two nuylon nuts and bolts and mount the amp to the bottom side of the lid. The battey pack fits perfect. I still need to order a Nady I figure I will just velcro the unit to the side of the case. Here are a few pictures. I need to paint it still. The wifes said I should leave surf scene on it. NOTHey I just want to tell everyone here thank you for sharing your knowledge with out it I would have never though of this little project. Robert Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Rocklin,Ca

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

Looks good!

#3 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

Nice work Fishwrestler! ;) :)

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

Excellent Robert! :) It looks GREAT. ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Looks Good :huh:
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#6 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

Slick! Get some Krylon Fusion for plastics spray paint, it'll cover that up real nice!

#7 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

That looks nice! Who would have thought that you can get "hunting" supplies at AM/PM? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users