• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Had a nice squirrel shot today. 90 yds, held with the first MilDot and whacko. Hit a few others but, they weren't the clean kill that the first one was. Have to work on shot placement.

Attached File  Sumatra_090129_sqrl.jpg   18.07KB   24 downloads

#2 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

Oh wow...!! 90 yards...!!! Great shot....my longest is 70 yards (Umarex 850 .177). Been practicing getting dope to get one at 80....A friend talked me into trying a shot on a squirrel lasered at 100 yards with my Disco.....very slight breeze from right to left...missed him by 2"...

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

Great shooting Gary. That can be a long ways when your ammo is not only fighting but powered by the wind. ;)

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

Oh wow...!! 90 yards...!!! Great shot....my longest is 70 yards (Umarex 850 .177). Been practicing getting dope to get one at 80....A friend talked me into trying a shot on a squirrel lasered at 100 yards with my Disco.....very slight breeze from right to left...missed him by 2"...

If you're within 2" just keep trying & you'll get the combination right. One of my many theories is that to shoot long you have to practice long. :D I could have had three times as many shots if I'd tried all those that were hanging out between 150 & 200 yds. ;) Tried a couple of those 150 yarders and got within 12".SJ, thanks for the comment. I was checking out the ballistics program, Chairgun 2, to get an idea of what holdover to use.

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Out standing shooting. It's pretty amazing what modern adult airguns are capable of. ;)

#6 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Gary,90yards! Great shooting :harhar1[1]: What kind rifle scope/ combo were you using?

#7 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

Had a nice squirrel shot today...90 yds

....That's what I'm talking about. Nice shot!

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

Gary,90yards! Great shooting :signs1242cn: What kind rifle scope/ combo were you using?

The Eun Jin Sumatra 2500-500 rifle paired with a Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20X 50MM Mil Dot scope. Have been using the Eun Jin Dome 28 gr pellet. It seems that the grouping with that pellet is not what I want at 100 yds.

#9 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:09 AM

YeeeHaaa!! 90yds on a gs with an air rifle!! NICE SHOT! :signs1180lq: :signs1242cn:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users