• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

Well, after some time of debating which 17HMR rifle to buy. I finally made my decision, at least I thought I did. I was looking at Savage, Marlin, Remington 597 and CZ, though I was pretty intent on getting a Savage. I went to my local gun shop with credit card in hand ready to buy the rifle that would be a squirrels worst nightmare. I ended up walking out the shop with a smile that couldn't be wiped clean by the rain and a giddy feeling of happiness.... The rifle I had just bought fit me like it was built for me. It pointed with ease and everything just fell into place. So I bought it........ Posted ImageI ended up buying the Ruger X-17 that was released by TALO. The rifle practically doubled my budget for a new 17HMR rifle! But I've never had a limited run rifle and as stated above, this has got to be one of the most comfortable stocks I have ever held (not that I've held very many). I know the Ruger 77/17 alone is overpriced for a rimfire rifle, on top of that add the TALO stock :( Well, really it was just one of those impulsive buying events, but I have no regrets about spending more. I've just have to sign up to work some OT for the next month or so to pay off this little puppy :) Posted ImageThis rain really sucks! I don't even know when I'll be able to test fire the rifle.....

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

That's a great looking rifle. Now if it shoots half as well as it looks you'll be in business!Joel,Can you resize your photo's in Photobucket so we don't have to scroll to view the pictures?

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:35 AM

Ha... OK, smaller is easier to look at :)

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

Joel, I knew you'd love that gun. :( I sure wish they made a left handed version. :)

#5 QUADMAN

QUADMAN

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Joel, I knew you'd love that gun. :( I sure wish they made a left handed version. :)

John,I second the left hand version. I'm looking for a left handed 17 HMR Savage this weekend.My 17 Mach 2 needs company. Anybody know who has one in stock? Also, does Savage make a 17 HMR in stainless with a composite stock. If not, can I bring my MP5 to Cedarville?Mike

#6 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

That is one Sweet lookin' Rifle :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users