• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Some time back Shoot-it contacted me about making him a call from a steer horn he had. He really wanted me to try and make it into a double reed call if I could. It was a fresh horn, and I told him I didn't deal with fresh horns, as I didn't want to do the boiling and cleaning necessary to get to a horn that I could work with. Well, he boiled it out and cleaned it up and sent it to me. At the time he also sent a full size horn (which is now a howler and will go up for sale in a day or so) and some Apple wood. You have already seen the call I made for him from the Apple wood. Well, I finished up the Little Blaster Double Reed today and sent him a picture. He asked me to share the call with all of you. It has an Ebony mouth piece, held in by a tenon and epoxy. The horn and wood were sanded together so they look like one. It is a really pretty little horn call, and man, is it loud. If you have heard the Double Reed calls that I make, you know they are loud. Well, this one is a lot louder. The sound just echos out of the bell of this horn. It is really going to be a nice addition to his lanyard. I have to add a lanyard to it yet. There is no lanyard grove, as the horn is too thin to allow the making of a grove. I asked, and he told me to go ahead, and so tomorrow I'll drill a small hole on one side and tie a lanyard into the bell end. It's going to be great.Here are some pictures of the Little Blaster Double Reed.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#2 Lonehowl

Lonehowl

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Braz, thats cool. Great looking horn project.Mark

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

That looks very nice! I won one of your calls at the contest that ECVMatt held and it sounds great I can only imagine this one. I haven't taken anything with it yet but hope to change that soon. :smiley_kewlpics:

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

Great looking call cain't wait tell I sneek it from him :smiley_kewlpics:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Very nice looking call as always :smiley_kewlpics:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#6 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Great call Braz.!!! I bet that sounds great with a double reed. Very nice braz.!!!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Now shoot-it has a call to get his cows to come home. :roflmao3[1]: Sorry John I couldn't help it since you live on a dairy. :signs653wf:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

no It will work good to get them running opps one fell down broke it's leg oh well Iam low on hamburger LOL J/kI am going to do some calling Sunday and test them out .the double reed is very loud my wife yelled at me for blowing it in the garage :signs1242cn:

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

:good: Low on hamburger. ;) I hope you have good luck with it.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

Just remember, rabbiddog and Red Dog called in a lion when using a double reed as did I, so keep an eye on your backside. :good:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users