3 replies to this topic

#1 MTN4X4

MTN4X4

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

i have a s&w 645. its been a while since i took it out. i went out this weekend and i noticed that its shoots about 6" low.it has fixed rear sights. any ideas why this would start now. i used different brand of ammo its resulted the same.any ideas would be great.thanks.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

The sights are calibrated for 230gr FMJ ammo at 25yds. Operator error is a major cause of shooting low. Some of the 645 front sights get real shiny and in some lighting conditions it is hard to tell where to hold in relation to the rear sight. A real tight grip can also cause low impacts.What distance are you shooting, and what is the size of your target?

#3 MTN4X4

MTN4X4

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

i was shooting at a distance apx 25-30 yards.and was shooting at paper targets 2 per sheet i had 2 other people shot the gun and its produced the same results, low.

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

The paper needs to be large enough to have the sights highlighted. The target needs to be small enough to have a fine aiming point. If the pistol is capable of 3" groups and the target is 9", the groups could be 12" yet still be "on" target. Incorrect ammo or shooter error will increase this group size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users