17 replies to this topic

#1 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

I am thinking about buying the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Landmark Spotting Scope Combo From Cabela's ($360). Has anyone bought this, and how do you like them?I plan on putting the rifle scope on my new Savage 12fv .204 when it gets here. :angry: Thanks for you input.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

There is a fellow selling a 4.5x14 over on PredatorMasterForums.com in the classified sections. I think he is asking $260 shipped. Go here: http://www.predatorm...page=0#52294189

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

$340 at Natchez....Burris 4.5X14-42mm

#4 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

Anyone have any horror stories, or unsatisfied with Burris? Thinking of ordering tonight, but would like your opinions before I do. The Big Kahuna seems to like'em, Thanks John I have a big shoot coming up next weekend would like to have the new Savage set up. ;) I have a tasco lying around, but looks kind of funny. :) Posted Image

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

I have a big shoot coming up next weekend would like to have the new Savage set up. :)

What kind of BIG SHOOT? :D And where would that be at? ;) Inquiring minds want to know. :D

#6 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

What kind of BIG SHOOT? :o And where would that be at? :D Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Did I say big shoot? I meant big shot. :D Yea, thats the ticket. :D :) :D Just a bunch of friends that get together for some good'ol fun. :P Hopefully the weather will cooperate. ;)

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Just a bunch of friends that get together for some good'ol fun. :D

Oh, my invitation must be lost in the mail. :) ;)

#8 bwana

bwana

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to hunt, shoot, reload, backpack, ski, and just about anything else you can do in the mountains. I also like sailing and other ocean sports.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

I don't have a 4.5x14x42 but I do have a Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40 with the BallisticPlex reticle. I have it on my 7mm Rem Mag. I really like it. It's bright and it tracks consistently. After using it for 2 seasons in various sorts of nasty weather I'm a big fan of the Burris Fullfield line of optics. Plus Burris is in Colorado, but maybe that makes me a homer. :)

#9 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

Oh, my invitation must be lost in the mail. :rolleyes: <_<

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't of sent it with postage due. ;) Ordered scope combo this morning! ;) B) :D YEAH!!!

#10 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

I am thinking about buying the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Landmark Spotting Scope Combo From Cabela's ($360). Has anyone bought this, and how do you like them?I plan on putting the rifle scope on my new Savage 12fv .204 when it gets here. :angry: Thanks for you input.

Gunner I'm having problems with my Burris Black Diamond. Go to Bench rest central . com click on forums under factoiry/haybred rifles and read all the post in "Unhappy with Burris black Diamond.

#11 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:20 AM

Gunner I'm having problems with my Burris Black Diamond. Go to Bench rest central . com click on forums under factoiry/haybred rifles and read all the post in "Unhappy with Burris black Diamond.

Iron Worker I can't find that page, do you have a direct link? I already bought the scope combo, but would like to read your article. :angry: Gunner

#12 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Gunner try Bench rest.com. I don't know how to post links. I think I should take a night course in computers. Any how I started the post and 46 shooters posted to my post.Only a couple were happy. Any way I hope you get great service with yours.I ended up exchanging my Black Diamond for a Leupold.

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

There's your link! ;)Good call on the Leupold ... I love mine.

#14 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

There's your link! ;)Good call on the Leupold ... I love mine.

Which Leupold do you have? What reticle? They have these lens filters,I wonder if any will make it easier to see squirrels in the grass better

#15 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Both of mine are VX-III's. Dont remember what the lower power is, but the max is 14 and they both have the 50 mm objective. One has the lighted reticle, the other is a standard reticle and is on my deer rifle.I've seen those filters and often wondered how well they worked. For the prices they are asking they better work darned well !!

#16 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Check out the nikons and the leupolds in my opinion they are of the same quality but the nikon is cheaper.I have the nikon buckmasters 6-18 and all of my buddies that bought leupolds aren't happy. I have shot their rifles with the leupolds and like them but I'm stingy with my money.

#17 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

I have a Nikon Monarch 5.5x16.5 on my AR-15. Its a great scope,I thought for the price of the Black Diamond compared to the Leupold it would be a steal.Problem was you get what you pay for.Posted my gripe on BR.com and all kinds of shooters posted similar complaints. The B&L 3200 and 4200 elites are also great scopes.

#18 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

One of my buddies has both of those and they are sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users