4 replies to this topic

#1 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

I got my mini 14 shooting as good as it's going to get, (1.5''@ 100 yds.) now I need a compact scope maybe, 2-7x35 or something like that, are any of you useing a compact scope that you would recomend.,,Thanks,,300wsm

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I am using a Nikon Team Primos 3-9x40 on Ironholder Ghost Ring mounts. Works great! The scope is fairly compact and has great resolution. Perfect for a mini-14. Went with the Ironholder mounts so that I could get the plastic handguard off without losing my scope zero. Works a lot better then those that use a side mount.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

I've used some compact scopes in the past, but was never really happy with them. While the smaller scopes looked appropriate on the rifles, I always felt as if I had blinders on. The smaller front end of the scopes did not work well for me.The one scope I do like is the Leupold 1.75-6 VXIII, a smaller scope that still performs.If you get a chance, look through the scopes before buying. A scope with less magnification will take care of some of the "field of view" shortcomings.

#4 SOcal

SOcal

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

For good solid mid to upper range scopes I love the Bushnell 4200 series. They make a 1.25-4x24 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope which IMHO is perfect for a mini. There is also a 2.5 x 10 40mm which is nice also, little cheaper, little more power. For the money, you cannot beat em.

#5 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Both my mini14 and 30 are fun guns for me and not serious hunting guns I put weaver 4X scopes on both and found them to be fine for the gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users