17 replies to this topic

#1 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

I am thinking about buying the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Landmark Spotting Scope Combo From Cabela's ($360). Has anyone bought this, and how do you like them?I plan on putting the rifle scope on my new Savage 12fv .204 when it gets here. :angry: Thanks for you input.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

There is a fellow selling a 4.5x14 over on PredatorMasterForums.com in the classified sections. I think he is asking $260 shipped. Go here: http://www.predatorm...page=0#52294189
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

$340 at Natchez....Burris 4.5X14-42mm

#4 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

Anyone have any horror stories, or unsatisfied with Burris? Thinking of ordering tonight, but would like your opinions before I do. The Big Kahuna seems to like'em, Thanks John I have a big shoot coming up next weekend would like to have the new Savage set up. ;) I have a tasco lying around, but looks kind of funny. :) Posted Image

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

I have a big shoot coming up next weekend would like to have the new Savage set up. :)

What kind of BIG SHOOT? :D And where would that be at? ;) Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

What kind of BIG SHOOT? :o And where would that be at? :D Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Did I say big shoot? I meant big shot. :D Yea, thats the ticket. :D :) :D Just a bunch of friends that get together for some good'ol fun. :P Hopefully the weather will cooperate. ;)

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Just a bunch of friends that get together for some good'ol fun. :D

Oh, my invitation must be lost in the mail. :) ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 bwana

bwana

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to hunt, shoot, reload, backpack, ski, and just about anything else you can do in the mountains. I also like sailing and other ocean sports.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

I don't have a 4.5x14x42 but I do have a Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40 with the BallisticPlex reticle. I have it on my 7mm Rem Mag. I really like it. It's bright and it tracks consistently. After using it for 2 seasons in various sorts of nasty weather I'm a big fan of the Burris Fullfield line of optics. Plus Burris is in Colorado, but maybe that makes me a homer. :)
Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die. . .

#9 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

Oh, my invitation must be lost in the mail. :rolleyes: <_<

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't of sent it with postage due. ;) Ordered scope combo this morning! ;) B) :D YEAH!!!

#10 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

I am thinking about buying the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Landmark Spotting Scope Combo From Cabela's ($360). Has anyone bought this, and how do you like them?I plan on putting the rifle scope on my new Savage 12fv .204 when it gets here. :angry: Thanks for you input.

Gunner I'm having problems with my Burris Black Diamond. Go to Bench rest central . com click on forums under factoiry/haybred rifles and read all the post in "Unhappy with Burris black Diamond.

#11 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:20 AM

Gunner I'm having problems with my Burris Black Diamond. Go to Bench rest central . com click on forums under factoiry/haybred rifles and read all the post in "Unhappy with Burris black Diamond.

Iron Worker I can't find that page, do you have a direct link? I already bought the scope combo, but would like to read your article. :angry: Gunner

#12 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Gunner try Bench rest.com. I don't know how to post links. I think I should take a night course in computers. Any how I started the post and 46 shooters posted to my post.Only a couple were happy. Any way I hope you get great service with yours.I ended up exchanging my Black Diamond for a Leupold.

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

There's your link! ;)Good call on the Leupold ... I love mine.

#14 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

There's your link! ;)Good call on the Leupold ... I love mine.

Which Leupold do you have? What reticle? They have these lens filters,I wonder if any will make it easier to see squirrels in the grass better

#15 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Both of mine are VX-III's. Dont remember what the lower power is, but the max is 14 and they both have the 50 mm objective. One has the lighted reticle, the other is a standard reticle and is on my deer rifle.I've seen those filters and often wondered how well they worked. For the prices they are asking they better work darned well !!

#16 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Check out the nikons and the leupolds in my opinion they are of the same quality but the nikon is cheaper.I have the nikon buckmasters 6-18 and all of my buddies that bought leupolds aren't happy. I have shot their rifles with the leupolds and like them but I'm stingy with my money.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#17 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

I have a Nikon Monarch 5.5x16.5 on my AR-15. Its a great scope,I thought for the price of the Black Diamond compared to the Leupold it would be a steal.Problem was you get what you pay for.Posted my gripe on BR.com and all kinds of shooters posted similar complaints. The B&L 3200 and 4200 elites are also great scopes.

#18 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

One of my buddies has both of those and they are sweet.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users