• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all things to do with accurate rifles. Use to competition benchrest shoot (NBRSA). Avid varmint hunter and handloader. Have all kinds of varmint guns, from facotry to fully custom.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

I attended my first archery tournament last weekend. The Pacific Coast 3D Adventure in Simi Valley. It consisted of 45 various 3D targets set in realistic hunting situations at various yardages and elevations. All yardage was unmarked and no range finders were allowed. Not 100% sure, but I think they had about 100 entries. I had a great time and ended up placing 2nd for the tournament. My final score was 402, first place was 405. Here are a couple pics of the epuiptment I used. 2008 BowTech 82nd Airborne, spot hogg sight, spot hogg whammy arrow rest, octane stabalizer, and carbon tech cheetah arrows. I would highly recommend these types of tournaments to anyone who enjoys shooting bows. It is a great time.Attached File  1.jpg   15.81KB   5 downloads Attached File  2.jpg   20.35KB   5 downloads

#2 saeleaw n

saeleaw n

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Congrats on the 2nd place sounded like you almost had first but 2nd is still better than 3rd so congrats again

#3 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Congrat's Jacob. Say, did you ever get over to the desert??? And what is that hot rod?? My son has a '57 Chevy 2 dr......... well actually it is his father-in-laws but is willed to him, so he thinks it's his now, ha ha.... Last time I shot a bow it was an old Bear recurve back in the early 70's, when I was a young buck and could pull without bad shoulders, ha ha..... I wish they'd allow crossbows.......
John in Tulare, Ca

#4 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all things to do with accurate rifles. Use to competition benchrest shoot (NBRSA). Avid varmint hunter and handloader. Have all kinds of varmint guns, from facotry to fully custom.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I did go to the desert for a couple days. We didn't call in a single thing, but we didn't hunt that hard either. We heard coyotes every night, but never could get one to come in. Tried a couple stands at night too. We went to the same area where Craig got a bobcat and called in a couple coyotes last year. Better luck next time I guess. The car is a 70 chevelle ss454.

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Hey great shooting 2nd great for first time , heck 2nd is great any way. Nice bow and gear. good choice.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

That's some fine shooting for your first or any tournament for that matter. Congratulations. :signlol2iu:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

Well done! I want to try that. There is a shoot at our archery club that I'm going to try and go to.

#8 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

3-D is the best isn't it? We have a 3-D the first of every month here in San Diego that I always look forward to. This next one we are throwing in some fun targets, one is a flying pig that slides down a rope from a high palm tree.If you can get out to Yuma the weekend of Feb. 21st, they have an awesome 3-D walk through a river bottom where you have no idea how many or where the targets are - it's just like a real hunt where you have to slowly walk and spot the targets through the tall salt cedars. They also set up buck/doe spreads where the shot on the buck is the tiniest of windows - hit the doe and get negative points!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#9 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

That sounds pretty good, but maybe a little too far to travel from the central valley. I am going to try and make it to as many shoots this year as I can, but I work most weekends so sometimes it's hard to get out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users