9 replies to this topic

#1 neocone

neocone

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Got to also shoot a few arrows at the range where I got it... I am amazed at the feel and also the speed of the arrows.I paid about $900 all included (holster + arrows + sights). I figured I will get ONE single good bow and stick with it for like forever. Hope it's the right choice.

#2 tinhunter

tinhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, camping, riding my atv. most things that involve the outdoors.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Any bow that feels good in your hand when you shoot it is a good one. Every bow out there will kill animals and targets. As long as the bow feels right to you when you shoot it, it is the right choice. As long as you wax the strings and cables and take care of the bow it will last you pretty much forever. Don't leave it in a hot car in the summer and don't drop it and dent a cam and you should be ok.

#3 eman

eman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:FireFighting, predator, hog, bear, deer hunting and spear fishing. I just basically just love the outdoors.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

Did you get the bow from Basspro?? I went in late last weekto buy another bow (bow fever) and was set on getting the Bear Turth 2 Team Primos....but then was shown the madness. It certainly is lot lighter than lot of the others set in the performance catagory, you it takes a bit getting used to due to how thin it is. I must say though, I am pretty happy with it so far. What do you think?

#4 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

Congrats on the new bow----now it's practice--practice--practice

#5 neocone

neocone

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I got it at DC archery in Tujunga... pretty small shop but the guy there seems knowledgeable. It was the closest PSE dealer and after reading here decided to give it a try.Tried the Stinger and the bowmadness and the later felt awesome... also can go up to 60 lb which is the minimum for Elk. And I got to shoot once after I brought it and also got 2 passes to try again.Tried it today in San Felipe and lost one arrow (grrrr) and definitely my shooting is out of wack... need practice, practice, practice

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Only lost one arrow ? your not shooting enough :signs1242cn: I destroy more than I lose. We need a picture of your bow and stuff .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Yea I used to use my metal detector at the archery range to find lots of arrows. Most weren't worth much but I found enough to lose them myself. :signs1242cn:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Any bow that feels good in your hand when you shoot it is a good one. Every bow out there will kill animals and targets. As long as the bow feels right to you when you shoot it, it is the right choice. As long as you wax the strings and cables and take care of the bow it will last you pretty much forever. Don't leave it in a hot car in the summer and don't drop it and dent a cam and you should be ok.

Make sure you add not dry fireing to this list. Congrats on the new bow shoot straight and stickem hard. Ron

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

who is this guy :good:Attached File  1.jpg   20.76KB   4 downloads

#10 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser