• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

Total Newb to this Concealed Carry thing and this is my first IWB holster. I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck from here Links Saturday the 10th and it arrived Yesterday the 15th. Pretty good turnaround if you ask me.I ordered with some extra J-clips, but I doubt I will use those. The clips that it comes with is what I thought the J-clips were. For those of you that haven't seen the Supertuck, here is what it looks like:Posted ImageIt is a large holster with double clips, but it conceals REALLY well. The clips can be adjusted to fit the wearer. The higher you mount the clips, the lower the handgun and more concealed it is. Most folks adjust for some sort of cant, I have mine currently set at the Top Most hole for the front clip and the second from the bottom on the back clip. This gives it a good cant and conceals really well. The options as for material is cowhide and horsehide. I chose the cowhide. The leather is a bit stiff, but I was expecting this and I'm sure it will soften and adjust to the curves of my body soon. The holster portion is Kydex and custom molded to my XD-SC 9mm. It also has the ability to tuck your shirt in (hence the name), though I will rarely use this function, it is nice to know I have the option.I wore it for the first time last night to two grocery stores (I know, I'm whipped). It was WEIRD being out there packing. :good: I'm sure that feeling will go away the more times I carry. The holster was very comfortable and I think it's wearing a snug belt that I am going to have to get used to.So, if you are looking for a comfortable, highly adjustable and concealable IWB, take a look at the Crossbreed Supertuck.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#2 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Is that the new California legal hand gun that comes with it?
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

How well does it conceal and keep from printing? Around here I would be wearing with just shorts and a t-shirt a lot of the time and worry about it showing with something like my .40 S&W. I think a Sig P220 would just be too big and print. Also, are you doing strong side carry, SOB, or appendix carry with that holster?Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

It conceals REALLY WELL. I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt last night. I put it on and then had my wife see if she could see it. Even raising my hands up and twisting around, nothing. As I said before, it's a bit stiff, but I'm sure after a couple days of wearing it, it will be even MORE concealed. Right now, with it being stiff, there is one spot that creates a gap between the holster and my side. That will bend and lay down with a little breaking in.I'm wearing it at 3:30 (basically the part of the slide that is the most forward on my hip is at 3 oclock). I will also be wearing shorts and t-shirts in couple months and I think this will work great.TONS of folks over at xdtalk are using these for everything between a XD-SC and a 5" Tactical to full size 1911's. With there two week trial and LIFETIME warranty, I don't see how you can wrong.I do plan to trim mine for the combat grip though. They can do it at Crossbreed for you but I wanted to try it first. The way I have it setup, put's it low and cant'd. With it trimmed to combat grip drawing will be easier and faster.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I just love the blue pistol. Do you have a black one for evening wear also? :good:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

I've been thinking of getting a second job at Best Buy. :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users