• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well, I finally did it. I was thinking of buying one back in December but when I went to order it they were all gone. So checking today I saw Buds Guns had them back in stock so I pulled the trigger and bought one. I choose the one with the Coyota Sand stock. So now I must decide on what glass to put on it since mine doesn't come with any optics. Now the wait starts......Posted Image

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

I also have a Howa 1500 in .223. I love it. The man behind the counter at Olboys gun shop told me that Wolf ammo will ruin the chamber because of the steel instead of brass. I don't understand why. I might understand it being a little more wear but the word "ruin"?I think is a little harsh. What do you think?

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

Congrats on your new purchase... I like the sand look of your stock also...and choice of caliber! :roflmao3[1]: Let us know when you slay something with it...Wolf ammo? Well, can't do a rifle any good and the only place I put that stuff is in the trash... IF I ever had any wolf or other junk ammo. Sorry, gotta call it as is & would never shoot those in any of my rifles. But Hey??Frank

#4 BgBamBoo

BgBamBoo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Bronco let us know what you think.. :roflmao3[1]:

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

i've been looking at the Howa Axiom they make em in 243 now. i was looking at one at the new Scheel's store in Sparks last weekend, only thing i didn't like about the Axiom is the weight. its pretty heavy for what you see on paper.

#7 deadyotegoodcoat

deadyotegoodcoat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:coyotes

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

I have the 1500 but .22 250 any reason why u chose the 223 over the .22 250 either way nice rifle just curious

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Believe me I thought about it for a long time. Since I already have 5 AR type rifles in .223, it came down to cabinet space for my ammo and I have had decent luck shooting the .223 with my AR style rifles so I settle on staying with the .223 even though the 22-250 is a hotter load and will get down range quicker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users