• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well, I finally did it. I was thinking of buying one back in December but when I went to order it they were all gone. So checking today I saw Buds Guns had them back in stock so I pulled the trigger and bought one. I choose the one with the Coyota Sand stock. So now I must decide on what glass to put on it since mine doesn't come with any optics. Now the wait starts......Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

I also have a Howa 1500 in .223. I love it. The man behind the counter at Olboys gun shop told me that Wolf ammo will ruin the chamber because of the steel instead of brass. I don't understand why. I might understand it being a little more wear but the word "ruin"?I think is a little harsh. What do you think?

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

Congrats on your new purchase... I like the sand look of your stock also...and choice of caliber! :roflmao3[1]: Let us know when you slay something with it...Wolf ammo? Well, can't do a rifle any good and the only place I put that stuff is in the trash... IF I ever had any wolf or other junk ammo. Sorry, gotta call it as is & would never shoot those in any of my rifles. But Hey??Frank

#4 BgBamBoo

BgBamBoo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Bronco let us know what you think.. :roflmao3[1]:

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

i've been looking at the Howa Axiom they make em in 243 now. i was looking at one at the new Scheel's store in Sparks last weekend, only thing i didn't like about the Axiom is the weight. its pretty heavy for what you see on paper.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#7 deadyotegoodcoat

deadyotegoodcoat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:coyotes

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

I have the 1500 but .22 250 any reason why u chose the 223 over the .22 250 either way nice rifle just curious
I might carry a .223 everyday but if i could id carry my .22-250

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Believe me I thought about it for a long time. Since I already have 5 AR type rifles in .223, it came down to cabinet space for my ammo and I have had decent luck shooting the .223 with my AR style rifles so I settle on staying with the .223 even though the 22-250 is a hotter load and will get down range quicker.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users