• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

More and more guys on PM are using the new Foxpro Fury and giving pretty good reviews. Anyone here using one and what do you think? Hope you are happy with it because I ordered one tonight with 100 pre-loaded sounds. If I like it I will probably sell the FX5 or the Minaska Mini-Bandit. If not, the Fury may be for sale. I hate the FX5 remote control scrolling and readout, but love the presets.Woo

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Cool! I hope it works well for ya Woo!!Have you been out lately?

#3 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

I have a Fury that works just fine. I read one report yesterday that I found very interesting. The Fury, FX5, and the WT2030-MS were tested with a decible meter placed 12" from the speaker. The Fury was louder than the other two mentioned.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

Rich, how do you scroll through the sounds on the Fury as compared to the FX5?

#5 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

Apparently delivery on a Fury is 4-5 weeks out from Foxpro and Cabela's is selling them as fast as they can get them have none in stock. It appears that Foxpro is trying to service their wholesale customers first and will slip in an occasional direct order when they can, which makes sense. I've been trying to call Foxpro all morning with no luck. Cabela's claims that they should have more in stock next week. It might be faster to call Cabela's everyday and make an order when they come in and then cancel the order with Foxpro. BTW, I noticed on the Foxpro web site today the the FX5 is selling for $110 more than the Fury. Wonder what that is all about?More bad news is that I'm now being told by Alexander Arms that the 6.5 Grendel I ordered on 10/29/08 is not expected to be delivered until late February or even March. The claim that the can't get barrels. I ordered before the election and before the big run on anything AR related started. At that time they were telling me I should have the upper in by hands by the end of November. Things are crazy out there. I have a complete AR in .223 and another in .17 Rem and two more complete lowers with stocks just sitting and waiting. One will belong to the Grendel if it ever gets here. For the other one I'm thinking a .204 or .243 WSSM, maybe, but both D-Tech and White Oak Arms are also 4-5 months out before delivery. :smiley-sorry: Woo

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Steve, try getting in touch with Dan Carey and see if he can build you one. He's simi-retired now from gun smithing but still does work on occasion. You might also ask him about the 6 WOA. It's a wild cat based off of the 6.8 Remington SPC so you'd have to reload for it. It's supposed to be a very impressive little round and an amazing coyote cartridge. But if you were set on a Grendel he could do that, too.

#7 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Rich, how do you scroll through the sounds on the Fury as compared to the FX5?

--------------------------Cranky Farmer,When you scroll through the sounds, you can simply keep turning the knob and watch for the sound that you want. sound numbers get larger as you turn one direction, and smaller as you turn it in the other direction. It is much more user friendly than the TX-200 remote, or at least it seems that way to me.

#8 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

Apparently delivery on a Fury is 4-5 weeks out from Foxpro and Cabela's is selling them as fast as they can get them have none in stock. It appears that Foxpro is trying to service their wholesale customers first and will slip in an occasional direct order when they can, which makes sense. I've been trying to call Foxpro all morning with no luck. Cabela's claims that they should have more in stock next week. It might be faster to call Cabela's everyday and make an order when they come in and then cancel the order with Foxpro. BTW, I noticed on the Foxpro web site today the the FX5 is selling for $110 more than the Fury. Wonder what that is all about?

-----------------------------------------------------Woodog,I talked to Steve Dillon today. The employee's at Foxpro have been working 12 hours a day, six days a week in attempt to fill all of the orders. I'm sure that the phones are tied up because of the work load also. I know it isn't easy to remain patient while waiting for your new caller though. I don't know why the FX5 costs more than the Fury either, so I can't answer that one for you.

#9 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback Rich.Woo

#10 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

Steve, try getting in touch with Dan Carey and see if he can build you one. He's simi-retired now from gun smithing but still does work on occasion. You might also ask him about the 6 WOA. It's a wild cat based off of the 6.8 Remington SPC so you'd have to reload for it. It's supposed to be a very impressive little round and an amazing coyote cartridge. But if you were set on a Grendel he could do that, too.

Dan built the .17 Rem I have (which I haven't shot yet). Prior to the .17 I bought a Timney trigger from him. He is really a "shoot from the hip" kind of guy and probably should have been born 100 years earlier. He won't accept checks or plastic and it is a real pain in the a$$ having to buy and mail a money order then have him deposit it before he will ship and he prefers USPS money orders which means drawing cash from the bank to buy the damn money order. I called with questions after I received the .17 Rem upper and after a few minutes he told me to call him after hours if I just wanted to shoot the shi!. He does have a very good reputation as a custom gun builder, I just don't like the way he does business although I have no reason that he is not as honest as the day is long. I recently bought a RAA two-stage match trigger (five pound pull, but is very smooth) rather than have to go through the money order hassle again for the Timney I really wanted. His Timney prices are good; $190 unless you buy a rifle then he charges only $175. He did have a couple of 6.8s in stock when I bought the .17 Rem.Woo

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Steve, why did you decide to go with the 17 Remington upper?

#12 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

Simply because it was available without waiting for months and the price was reasonable. I'm still waiting (since October) for the 6.5 Grendel from Alexander Arms. I went with the Grendel because I was told it would ship in four weeks. I wish now I had gone with a D-Tech .243 WSSM. At least Mike was trying to be honest when he said 16-18 weeks plus. I have two complete lowers just sitting waiting for uppers. Has anyone heard of a .22 WMR upper? I don't need another .223 and really didn't need the .17 Rem. In fact, I don't really need anymore guns, but what the hey there is still room in the gun safes. :roflmao3[1]: And it is still legal to buy firearms, at least for now. Probably should have put this in the AR Forum.SteveH

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

No worries. I was just kinda surprised you bought a 17 Remmy upper considering you live in the happy condor land. How about a 450 ?http://www.cabelas.c...e...&id=0054201

#14 Oleboy

Oleboy

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Apparently delivery on a Fury is 4-5 weeks out from Foxpro and Cabela's is selling them as fast as they can get them have none in stock. It appears that Foxpro is trying to service their wholesale customers first and will slip in an occasional direct order when they can, which makes sense. I've been trying to call Foxpro all morning with no luck. Cabela's claims that they should have more in stock next week. It might be faster to call Cabela's everyday and make an order when they come in and then cancel the order with Foxpro. BTW, I noticed on the Foxpro web site today the the FX5 is selling for $110 more than the Fury. Wonder what that is all about?More bad news is that I'm now being told by Alexander Arms that the 6.5 Grendel I ordered on 10/29/08 is not expected to be delivered until late February or even March. The claim that the can't get barrels. I ordered before the election and before the big run on anything AR related started. At that time they were telling me I should have the upper in by hands by the end of November. Things are crazy out there. I have a complete AR in .223 and another in .17 Rem and two more complete lowers with stocks just sitting and waiting. One will belong to the Grendel if it ever gets here. For the other one I'm thinking a .204 or .243 WSSM, maybe, but both D-Tech and White Oak Arms are also 4-5 months out before delivery. :signs121fj: Woo

I cant get you a FURY ASAP if you need one.

#15 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Just checking...Can or Can't??

#16 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

Thanks Justin, but mine shipped from All Predators last Friday and should be here tomorrow. There were around a hundred people ahead of me when I ordered last week so they must have received a large shipment of Furys, or maybe they believed me when I told them I am an important predator hunter and a member of the Kern County Predator Callers. :signs121fj: The big problem now is trying to contact Foxpro to cancel my order with them.Woo

#17 Oleboy

Oleboy

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Just checking...Can or Can't??

Just tell me whenyou want it. Can

#18 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

The Fury is one versatile caller. The TX-500 remote utilizes a new technology known as FHSS, and it eliminates line of sight problems experienced by earlier units from both Foxpro and other companies using the technology in vogue at that time. I was fortunate to be in on the field testing, and a hunting friend helped me run a series of tests for operating efficiency in every kind of setup you can imagine up to 310 yds, over a hill and through woods. The unit never missed a beat. It has some bells and whistles that some guys won't need, but they are there if you decide you do, i.e. Foxfade and Sequential mode. Great remote range, much larger fonts on the screen to help old eyes read the sounds, ten presets, and the ability to switch to punch in a number mode for instant sending without punching the scroll knob. All kinds of good info on the LED screen, including time on stand, volume level operating at, and low battery indicator. A larger stereo amplifier resulting in much for volume than the FX-5 or FX-3. Just an estimate based on my old ears, but I'd say volume level 25 is as loud as volume level 40 on the FX-5. Try one and I believe you will like it a bunch.

#19 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Welcome to CPC Possumal! :signs653wf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users