8 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

But the last crust of bread from the morning egg sandwich did him in the old wood pile went dry after a 4 rat night in late OCT and it's been rough rats caught wise and didn't come to the grain until i was long asleep .Today that changed this fat boy came for my scrapes what amounted to about 2 pieces of bacon and 1/4 of a roll with some scrammbled egg. After about 3 hours, nothing to be honest there was crows around also but they where busy with a red tail. At around 3 this afternoon after the snow has melted it was warm for the first time in 2 weeks 37deg.While having some coffee i noticed the egg and a big chunk of bread missing i thought to myself crows would have left nothing and then he was there loafing along across the woodpile and then he was gone . Knowing my pile and rats i knew this guy was comming back and it wasn't for the pork .The little scrap of bread waited 45 minutes and so did i then he popped his head out from where he went giving me his head and shoulder only i reached for the AA410 the window was left open and the oil burner was singing the whole time . He was content and i took my time after all it's a solid 63 ft shot Hahahhaaha i beaded him and slowly sqwezzed 18.1 grains of jsb lead at him the pellet enterd behind his ear and exited out his belly all he did was close his eyes dead and lay flat . So worth the wait Posted Image no blood the heat sealed the wounds Posted Image

#2 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Good shooting amigo!

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

LOL... Nice rat! Sure looks well fed and furred up LOL...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Very nice.

#5 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hey nice rig there.... Good going on the critter... ;)

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

Good shooting at that extreme range. What was the B&C score on that'un?

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,501 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hey great shooting Chris! That's a plump one and good length to it too. Nothing more fun than rat hunting on a summer night. That one has been bulking up at your feeder.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

hey shooter post that link to the zapper that was neat. I was after a rat once but i got tired of waiting for him to out so I poisoned it.

#9 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Thanks one shot i love the gun at 63 ft i really should have used the 17 cal VH but i had the 410 out for some crows earlier in the day for some reason i got lucky he was even there and he was dead with either gun. It gets dark early and they pick up the scraps at night but i have an aluminum tray now and have been bringing in the food when i'am knot home or it's dark so they will show if there hungry .It's going to be cold here so they burrow, for the next 2 weeks the ponds and lakes should frezze so the ducks come up to the wetlands 2 weeks of 20 degrees should help save a sad duck season.Me and my bro are getting out tommorow on a sweet spot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users