• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

Does anyone have any experience with these? I have two bullet traps setup in the basement and this would work well in the winter. It is $279 at one local store.Brant

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

I have shot one that a friend of mine has. Liked everything about it except the trigger pull. I like the Ruger semi 22's a whole lot more.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

I read that the trigger is funky and that it only likes CCI mini-mags (which really isn't a problem) but other brands sometimes have ftfs. I had a Ruger Mk III target and it was accurate but heavy at 42oz. My semi-autos are both 24 oz just like the Mosquito.

#4 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Friends gun has been back to the factory already and another friend has had nothing but problems with it. :signgreatreport3kg: so at the price you are looking at spending maybe look at a conversion kit for one of the other semi autos that you have instead

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

I wonder if Sig forms these guns out. I am reading the same thing all over.

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

I wonder if Sig forms these guns out. I am reading the same thing all over.

It is my understanding that they have German Sports Guns (same people who make the GSG-5 MP5 clones) make them under contract.

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

Thanks. I decided against the Sigs. Four of us just ordered up Smith & Wesson 22A Target pistols with the 7" barrels for $240 each. I found out my range uses them exclusively with excellent luck. Since we all own or owned Rugers we wanted to try something different. I thought about the Kimber but couldn't justify the cost. I'll let you know how they turn out. Generally on the forums they have good reviews but there were several dissents. We are all mounting red/green dot sights and competing informally in our basements (three of us have bullet traps and small ranges).

#8 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

I rented a 5.5" 22A they had at the range to try. While it shot my cheap HP ammo fine one guy said some of them were finicky on cheap HP ammo and it had to do with the hp catching on the magazine which can be fixed or replaced. I had no misfires in about 200 shots. The trigger is much better than a stock Ruger and several folks said they are more accurate. I will test that for myself when mine arrives but accuracy appeared to be very good.I was just told by several guys that some of the Ruger Mk IIIs (where the grip angle was changed) are having some jamming problems and they are recommending getting Mk IIs if you can find them. Ruger was reliability king and hate to see them change.

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Well scratch everything I said. The guy ordering the guns called and talked us into Browning Buckmark Hunters with 71/4 barrels. He got a deal buying 4 and said they are much nicer guns... for a little more money. We are committed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users