7 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

Just put on the choate stock on my Savage .204 tonight. The scope is a Muller 8.5x25x40 dot. Took a few min. to put the cheek and recoil pad into a shooting position. The eyepiece comes right into position when I mount the gun. (that almost sounds obscene) Barring torrential downpours tomorrow AM I will go to the range for final adjustments. I know John it is MUD-ugly...but that is the beauty of the beast. It weighs in at 13 lbs. DEFINITELY a bench gun. StevePosted Image

#2 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

That is exactly what I just ordered except for the scope. Thanks now I know that I won't be the only one out hunting with an ugly gun let us know how it shoots. Actually I think it looks really good.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

LOL ... I thought I was the only one who got toes in my pictures. Guess not any more! How's it feel when "mounted"?

#4 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well Hog I think it looks pretty nice myself. But the only thing that matters is it is comfortable and stops heart beats.

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

13lbs? Just right...lol Actually I prefer heavy predator rifles. My heaviest is at 12lbs, so a little lighter than yours, but still a (semi) pig. When you set them (hvy rifles) on a shooting stick they do not move, making better hits and is what I really like about them. And with a sling, they are not that bad to carry for short distances either. Just my 2 cents... Anyway, nice rifle (& socks) and Happy Yote HuntingFrank

#6 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

This is my bench squirrel gun. I use a Contender in .223 for coyote. Now thats a nice shooting stick gun. I have a 3x9 leupold on it at the lower x I have a complete view but at the upper end Good luck seeing the hit. Check out my post on todays shoot.StevePS the one disadvantage with this stock is I have to remove the cheek piece (one screw) to remove the bolt.

#7 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

The trigger is a basix. I haven't measured it yet, but it is vrey light.PS. it was either the toes or the belly. :lol:

#8 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

Changed my mind and bought .223 also ordered a Nikon Buckmasters scope 6-18SF with target dot and choate stock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users