7 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

Just put on the choate stock on my Savage .204 tonight. The scope is a Muller 8.5x25x40 dot. Took a few min. to put the cheek and recoil pad into a shooting position. The eyepiece comes right into position when I mount the gun. (that almost sounds obscene) Barring torrential downpours tomorrow AM I will go to the range for final adjustments. I know John it is MUD-ugly...but that is the beauty of the beast. It weighs in at 13 lbs. DEFINITELY a bench gun. StevePosted Image

#2 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

That is exactly what I just ordered except for the scope. Thanks now I know that I won't be the only one out hunting with an ugly gun let us know how it shoots. Actually I think it looks really good.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

LOL ... I thought I was the only one who got toes in my pictures. Guess not any more! How's it feel when "mounted"?

#4 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well Hog I think it looks pretty nice myself. But the only thing that matters is it is comfortable and stops heart beats.

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

13lbs? Just right...lol Actually I prefer heavy predator rifles. My heaviest is at 12lbs, so a little lighter than yours, but still a (semi) pig. When you set them (hvy rifles) on a shooting stick they do not move, making better hits and is what I really like about them. And with a sling, they are not that bad to carry for short distances either. Just my 2 cents... Anyway, nice rifle (& socks) and Happy Yote HuntingFrank

#6 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

This is my bench squirrel gun. I use a Contender in .223 for coyote. Now thats a nice shooting stick gun. I have a 3x9 leupold on it at the lower x I have a complete view but at the upper end Good luck seeing the hit. Check out my post on todays shoot.StevePS the one disadvantage with this stock is I have to remove the cheek piece (one screw) to remove the bolt.

#7 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

The trigger is a basix. I haven't measured it yet, but it is vrey light.PS. it was either the toes or the belly. :lol:

#8 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

Changed my mind and bought .223 also ordered a Nikon Buckmasters scope 6-18SF with target dot and choate stock.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users