7 replies to this topic

#1 gibbygoo

gibbygoo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

Did they go away? Site is down and email not working. Hoping it's temporary.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,945 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

Tim's site is old and needs updating. It is down but just call them his email was down awhile back. Phone works.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 carspidey

carspidey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:just got interested in air rifle shooting (rifles were always an interest to me though)...

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

SJ, I read somewhere here that when you buy a gun from Tim, he tunes and tests the gun...I remember I saw the R9 on his site, will he tune it as well?I also read somewhere here that we should tune the gun after breaking it in (after about 1000 shots (depending on the rifle too))...

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,945 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

I'm sure Tim can tune anything. As for tuning an R9 I don't know that you need too. At least not right away. Mine are all pretty much stock and work great. As for the Discovery it's nice to have it gone over and he does a very good job. If you get one get a pump with it to start.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

SJ, I read somewhere here that when you buy a gun from Tim, he tunes and tests the gun...I remember I saw the R9 on his site, will he tune it as well?I also read somewhere here that we should tune the gun after breaking it in (after about 1000 shots (depending on the rifle too))...

Tim tunes all airguns he sells...I bought a Benjamin Discovery .22 from him last August...price was just minimal over standard retail cost...but performance with his tune was worth much more than I paid...no kidding threre....suggest you call him with your specs....you will end up with an air rifle that not only shoots accurate,but gives you max power at a decent shot count for the power range...I can not say what he does for spring guns...but I have a Beeman R9 DG .22 cal....it took over 900 pellets to break it in...it now shoots beyond my expectations...

#6 carspidey

carspidey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:just got interested in air rifle shooting (rifles were always an interest to me though)...

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Is there a reason why you went with the .22 for the R9 DG instead of the .20 or .177? What's the farthest in yards you've been able to shoot your rifle (R9) accurately? I mean how small are your groupings?

#7 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:05 AM

I have got the impression when I've been over to his shop and talked to Tim that he has somebody else monitor and manage his website for him. I know that except for when he is shooting, he pretty much is working all the time, but he only has his shop open Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon. I always just drop by when he's open so I don't know if he answers the phone Tues, Wed, Thurs.

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

Is there a reason why you went with the .22 for the R9 DG instead of the .20 or .177? What's the farthest in yards you've been able to shoot your rifle (R9) accurately? I mean how small are your groupings?

Sorry I missed this post and may have answered your question in your Beeman R9 thread...basically,I use the R9 DG .22 for hunting cottontails out to 45 yards...for Jacks I use my Disco .22...I get around 1" groups at 50 yards with the R9 DG....have not tried harder for smaller groups as I can hit a cottontail easily as they are sitting ducks compared to Jacks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users