• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

You're pushing snow under your rig. I'd hate to have to leave it in the sticks until the snow melted. Nice ride be careful. You know what they say about 4 wheel drive. "It will get you stuck twice as deep and twice as far away!" :welcomeani:

Heck for the price you'd have to pay for one of those, it better come with a lifetime AAA membership with unrestricted towing miles! Next time I run the Rubicon trail, I'll PM him. Here's my hunting rig!Attached File  IMG_0302.JPG   78.02KB   53 downloads
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#32 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

AAA won't go off road to tow you, is that correct?

#33 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

No, there are tow companies that will go a short distance off road but most say NO! A couple of friends got trapped down a canyon once during a freak snow storm. We trucked a big CAT in and got them pulled out. Lots of trouble.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#34 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

I was just kidding with the AAA thing but I know some tow companies that are contracted to AAA that do go out of their way to get you towed out but the cost is astronomical. You shouldn't go places you're not sure you can get out of anyway!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#35 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

Heck for the price you'd have to pay for one of those, it better come with a lifetime AAA membership with unrestricted towing miles! Next time I run the Rubicon trail, I'll PM him. Here's my hunting rig!Attached File  IMG_0302.JPG   78.02KB   53 downloads

The LX-450 way back in 96' were running between 50 to 55,000 Grand!talk about crazy...yike's...I picked up mine for 9 G with low miles. Landcruisers are one of the best keep secret's...well until now.Been on the rubicon and fordyce creek trail more times than I would tell...Im only 57 mi. from loon lake. This cruiser is for hunting ,camping, expedition use, not the big trails.I hope you have AAA extended towing because jeep running gear/ drive train are the worst on the market.I ran the big trails with friends who owned jeeps, they always break down or need winching out. You put big tires on them and there go's inner axel, ring & pinion, u-joints ect.So when you PM me that means you need a ride out...cant wait to take picture of you in my passenger seat on the way to the auto parts store!.. :signs165xk: :) :signs1242cn: OH and nice jeep pic...Scott

#36 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

You won't catch me stranded out there. Last year, I went up on the rubicon towards the end of May and busted a drive shaft. If I didn't have my onboard welder and my spare parts, I would've been up a creek because it started snowing. Gotta love 4wheelin'. Too many guys think they have to have 35+ inch tires to take on those trails. Heck, I've seen stock Jeeps and FJ Cruisers make it thru those trails. It's all in how you handle your vehicle and knowing your limits. My :lol: ! I'll keep you in mind next time I make it up there.

#37 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Just another wanabe Jeep Cherokee, but it's not a Jeep, it's a car. :doh[1]: ,,300wsm

#38 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

it wheel's better than a J**p and rides smooth like a car :doh[1]: back at ya!

#39 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

:doh[1]: All I heard is blah, blah, blah mines better. :good: Our Jeeps kicked Japan's (Toyota) butt in WWII and still can. :good: I just love these posts. I'm a former Jeep owner can you tell? :doh[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#40 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Wow, nice ride for 9G's. I paid 7 for my Cherokee a few years ago. Good little SUV, but I KNOW it will fail on me one of these days. Nothing against Jeeps at all, ALL makes and models break down and always at the worst possible time (especially if you are taking them off-road). :doh[1]: Just have to deal with it at the time and move on.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#41 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

Started to say that I've never had my 4X4 stuck, then I remembered. No pics, it was predigital.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#42 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Back in the late 60's I had a '52 Willys Wagon, 4 cyl, 3spd, 4x4 with 5.38:1 gears and standard 15" tires. That thing would climb like a mountain goat, as long as the fuel pump kept pumping!! I've been to places and got out where V8's had to be winched out. I ruined it though by putting in a 289 V8 which promptly blew the tranny. Sold it without ever fixing it, and all the guy wanted was the engine! It was a fun vehicle though, even though not fast.
John in Tulare, Ca

#43 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Seriously it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. But it's fun. Where's my Unimog!Attached File  Unimog.jpg   58.08KB   52 downloads

Time waits for no one--

#44 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

:rolleyes: All I heard is blah, blah, blah mines better. :wedgie[1]: Our Jeeps kicked Japan's (Toyota) butt in WWII and still can. :bleh[1]: I just love these posts. I'm a former Jeep owner can you tell? :signbummer8tl:

I didnt here TOYOTA needing a BAIL out..did you? :pot: They must be doing something right. :653:

#45 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

That's because crappy Chrysler bought them out years ago. Back when they were the vehicle.

Time waits for no one--

#46 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

That's because crappy Chrysler bought them out years ago. Back when they were the vehicle.

Yes, I agree with you on that one!!! :signbummer8tl:

#47 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

:signbummer8tl: :roflmao3[1]: :harhar1[1]: You guys are too funny!!! Toyota/Nissan/Honda don't need a bailout because they were all smart enough to overcharge for their vehicles and some of us were s****** enough to pay them for it! Has anyone priced a Toyota FJ Cruiser versus a Jeep Wrangler lately?

#48 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

I'm going to wait until the economy crashes and then just pick what I want to drive from along the side of the road. Sort of like the movie I Am Legend.

Time waits for no one--

#49 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Has anyone priced a Toyota FJ Cruiser versus a Jeep Wrangler lately?

Nope, how much are they going for?I think those FJ Cruisers are pretty cool, but WHO is the IDIOT that decided to make ALL of the tops white?????How are they off road?
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#50 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well, I pulled one out of a ditch the other night. 2" of snow was apparently a little much for it to handle... or possible the amount of booze in the gal driving it was too much for her to handle :signbummer8tl: I think for once one of the auto makers actually made a neat looking rig, I think those FJ's actually look neat. Even with the white top.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#51 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Well, I pulled one out of a ditch the other night. 2" of snow was apparently a little much for it to handle...

Well, there you have it a verified testimonial by one of our own. I rest my case! :signbummer8tl: :roflmao3[1]: :harhar1[1]:

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users