3 replies to this topic

#1 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

I got a cabelas brand airgun with scope for about 230 dollars.Ive had it for one year and it has never shot good.I figured the no name scope was junk.It would shoot all over the place even off a bench with the same pellets.Im talking 5 inch groups at 20 yards.So today I mess with it and figure out like a dumbass that the scope rings were loose from the factory.It is shootin real nice now...just had to vent.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

Don't you just hate when something like that happens? I mean your glad it shoots great but you hate you waited that long to find out it was something simple. :D

#3 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

Maybe if you have had it for a year, it shot loose. Usually you should check things like that from the factory. Maybe it's just me. At any rate, I'm glad it's working better for you.

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

I had that happen once. My ProSport started shooting all over the place and boy was I ticked. Started thinking about selling it. Then I discovered after a week of crazy shooting that my stock screws had loosened up. Duh. Tightened them up and it shot spot on again, no problem. I check them regularly now. RA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users