• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

One of my buddys had an old scope on one of his rifles that I'd always admired and today he brought it over and gave it to me as a chrismas gift. I'd always wanted a period correct scope with a post reticle for my pre 64 model 70 or a 7x57mm mauser project that I have in the works. Now I have the scope but I have to decide which rifle will be the lucky recipient.Posted ImagePosted ImageThe scope is a Lyman All-American fixed x4. There are no dents in the tube, both turret caps are there, and there is just a bit of blueing worn away at the end of each bell. I have no idea what year it was made but it has the old style adjustment that makes it really important to use as much windage adustment as your mount allows so your post doesn't end up way to the right or left of the sight picture.

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like a neat old scope for what you want it for.

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

Love the old scope!!!! I have one of the old El Paso K-4 Weaver and it looks like it's never been mounted.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Wow, that's a honey of a scope! :D I wish the blueing on my Lyman was that nice.

#5 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

You can still find them at ebay.... Like you, I'm planning to build a classic rifle, chambered for a classic caliber someday... and this scope will adorned it. Perhaps, a Model 70 chambered for 257 Roberts. That would be cool!

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

That would be really cool. A .264 winy or maybee a Jack O'Connor inspired .270 would be cool too. A while back I bought a pre '64 model 70 that I'd planned on making into one of those configurations but I went and shot my first deer with it so for sentimental reasons it will stay as a 30-06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users