4 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:31 PM

I am looking on the Savage website at a 17 HMR and am trying to decide what rings I need to buy to go on the bases that come on THIS rifle. I don't have a Savage so I've got no clue what bases they use.I chose that particular model as it comes in a left handed bolt and has the Accutrigger. Sweet combo for me!Any good places to buy an extra magazine or two for it?

#2 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

I'm almost sure that they are weaver bases. My Savage (17HM2) has weaver bases.

#3 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:23 PM

Yea what he said Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

They are Weavers just not made by Weaver. I hope they're straighter than the set that came with mine. At least they gave me new ones thought they weren't in stainless. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

The Weaver type but not made by Weaver, they are supplied by the lowest bidder, I was told this by Savage. To confrirm this I called Weaver and they said no they do not make bases for the Savage 93 at all.Come to think of it Weaver doesn't make their own either, they are supplied by a third party. Weaver themselves told me this.But Weaver does have alittle taller base that fits: #45, it is a much better base and is made straight.FYI, that base also fits the Marlin 917 :) As far as Extra Mags. , order them straight from Savage, they are the cheapest and very freindly.I think they are $12.00 each.
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users