7 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have pellet pouches that fit on my belt, but when I'm hunting over here in the cold and I've got my heavy jacket on, it comes down way past my belt, and I can't get to the pouch.I was at Airguns of Arizona a couple weeks ago and saw the pouch made of leather by Wilkins out of England. This one is 2.5 inches in diameter, they also make it in a 3.5 inch model. I shortened up the neck strap so it rides up and out of the way of my binoculars and rangefinder. It has an opening that is actually a part of the leather case and is held closed by a small snap.I hunted with it on Thursday, and it is just what I was looking for. I need it when hunting with my Discovery or the RWS Rapier, since neither gun takes a magazine. The round shape keeps any pellets from getting stuck in a corner. By pulling the pellets over to the side with your index finger, they ride up against the curvature of the side of the pouch, and it's easy to get a pellet out quickly. Here's a picture of one.

Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

I have two of those somewhere around here. But mine are green. They work well but are a bit pricey. I found several of those old plastic squeeze coin holders and they work really well too.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

PRICEY??? Compared to the binoculars, rangefinders, guns, carbon fiber tanks, scopes, video cameras, and the 4X4 that I haul all of my stuff around in....................it's background noise. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

I meant pricey for something to hold my pellets. :signs430gh:

#5 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

Nice purse boys...just kiddin..kinda :signs430gh:

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

PRICEY??? Compared to the binoculars, rangefinders, guns, carbon fiber tanks, scopes, video cameras, and the 4X4 that I haul all of my stuff around in....................it's background noise. :signs430gh:

Amen, to that.

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

I wear my pellet pouch around my neck....easy to get a pellet out and reload...look just above the binocs...Posted ImageThe pellet pouch by Crosman...$3.00...I just added a neck strap... Posted Image

#8 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

I have seen and like the leather pouch. I too have a hard time paying that much for something my dad could have made in short order...he's been gone a couple years but was a leather craftsman. I never went without any kind of leather gear. I still have a pair of moccasins he showed me how to make to squirrel hunt in about 20+ years ago.I have seen the leather pouch with a lightly tanned finish and really like that one.Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users