39 replies to this topic

#31 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

Darren, I've got a Galco belt and copslot holster for my P220 that I like quite well.

#32 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

Can I ask just a general question? I'm not trying to stir controversy or anything - what makes a person want to have a CCW in general? I know this is probably a personal preference question, more than anything else, but I just wanted to ask ---

I like most people I know have no desire to shoot anyone. That said I would rather shoot a thousand people than to have my life, my wife's life or my daughter's life taken by one of those thousand. Might I add, my Mother, Father, Brother both sister's and all their children along with you and your family.I do not carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I do not want to be shot and I have a responsibility to defend myself and my family.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#33 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Darren, I've got a Galco belt and copslot holster for my P220 that I like quite well.

Concealability is such a big deal to me. I don't mind the slightly slower draw time. That way I can wear it for work. The single screw point seems like it might make it a little tough to keep the gun in place. Normally Galco makes great products, and just would love it if somebody else has one of those and can share about it.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#34 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Can I ask just a general question? I'm not trying to stir controversy or anything - what makes a person want to have a CCW in general? I know this is probably a personal preference question, more than anything else, but I just wanted to ask ---

A friend of mine is an LEO, his department recently sent him to listen to a speaker. He said there was a good point, and he definately agreed with the speaker, and after hearing it, I agree as well...Heres that point...There are 3 type of people in the world, lambs, shepherds and wolves. A large majority of the population are lambs, in a given bad situation will not fight back and simply be the victim, the shepherds are the ones that will defend themselves and family (lambs), and last the wolves are the not so righteous members of society that would wrongfully harm another person. He then asked me which one of those 3 I wanted to be...This all got brought up when I asked him why he always carried his weapon, even when off duty...Prior to this I wasn't a huge advocate of CCW as I thought it was good to have, however I thought it could escalate a situation if maybe the person with the CCW drew his/her weapon in the event it might not have been necessary. And in reality there is no way to tell how one will handle under a high stress situation till they are placed in one.

#35 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Yep, Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. He has some GREAT books. I'm currently reading "On Combat". :yahoo:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#36 Marlinm60

Marlinm60

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything, Hunting,Camping,Hikeing,Shooting,Airbrushing,Woodworking,Was in the military for 17 years, I was an N.B.C. instructor for the Army Reserve. Was a pro. wrestler for 14years

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

About the holster, I use an uncle mikes wrap-around. You can set it up for either left or right handed. I carry a P89 Ruger and it covers pretty good. But I also like to wear my shirts out and a little big too....
Billy

#37 NEW2AR15's

NEW2AR15's

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Right now I have a generic IWB/SOB holster for my XD9 subcompact! But would like something a little nicer(not too expensive), any suggestion?

#38 offsome

offsome

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Guns, shooting ,hunting, and motorcycles dirt or street

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

I have 3 guns on my ccw all are strong side holsters I use a Smith air weight 38 with lazer sight when I want comfort. If I feel the need for a little more fire power and faster reloads I go with a glock 26 most of the time when out doors I use a glock 20 all can be concealed under a shirt tail if you leave it untucked and buy shirts that run long. A gun is no good to me if I don't feel I can get to it fast if things go bad.
''Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben FranklinNRA LIFE MEMBER

#39 SCTrojanHunter

SCTrojanHunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Archery, guns, boating and just about anything else that involves the outdoors.<br /><br />FIGHT ON TROJANS!!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

I live in San Luis Obispo County. How hard is it to get a CCW permit? What is the process or do you have to be law enforcement or military?
FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!

#40 NEW2AR15's

NEW2AR15's

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

I live in San Luis Obispo County. How hard is it to get a CCW permit? What is the process or do you have to be law enforcement or military?

I'm not sure how strict your county is but in mine (Tuolumne) you have to apply, either take a CCW class or the county offers an 8 hours class that counts, but even if you do take the CCW class you still have to attend 4 hours of the county's class. At the end of the class you give them a check(here almost $200) hand over you completed packet and a 1 page letter describing why you need the permit. You don't have to be in the military or law enforcement, but you do have to have good cause. Which equals that you have a greater danger than the general public.Here they shoot down 99% of people as they want you to appeal and really show you want the permit. I would suggest contacting the county sheriff's depatment and or community service unit (if you have one). Here you have to apply through the commmunity service unit.After you are finaly accepted you get the live scan finger prints done and get your CCW shortly afterwards, mines just a small piece of paper with my thumb print, same stuff as on my license and up to 3 guns w/serial #'sI hope this helps give you an idea, but again I am pretty sure it varies by county!Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users