#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

This is a good little scope. Since I had my Umarex 850 CO2 .177 tuned by a friend in Texas, my effective range went from 30 yards to 45 yards,or so....So I changed from the Walther scope 6x42AO (duplex reticle) to the mil dot Bug Buster...zeroed it yesterday at 25 yards and final group was 0.31"...this rifle is primairly my squirrel gun for closer ranges using JSB Exact Diabolo 8.4gr...The 850 is an 8 shot bolt action repeater and on my chrony shoots consistant at 810 FPS..(.the factory version is rated at 760 FPS)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,339 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

Rich, that is a nice looking smaller scope with some great features. Is there a particular reason why you sighted it in at 25 yards? Or were you gust grouping is at that distance? Does that scope turn both red and green from what the knob looks like?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

I have heard of those scopes but, have never seen one in my areaI Like It!

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:54 AM

Rich, that is a nice looking smaller scope with some great features. Is there a particular reason why you sighted it in at 25 yards? Or were you gust grouping is at that distance? Does that scope turn both red and green from what the knob looks like?

I zero my 850's at 25 yards because I don't shoot them over 45 yards....thinking about changing my Disco zero to 50 yards vice 25....so I go by what I feel is the "effective" range of my air rifles and use mil dot holds beyond...This scope does change from red to green illumination...Link on specifications, price,etc...http://www.pyramydai...ccessory_id=884

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

John...here are my calculated ballistic data on my tuned 850 at a 25 yard zero using JSB 8.4 gr pellets:Scope Height = 1.5 in, Vital Zone Radius = 0.50 in, Sight in Range = 25 yards, MV = 810 fps, BC = .025 Optimum Point Blank Zero (OPBZ) 38.22 yards Trajectory Apogee (TA) 26.10 yards Secondary Zero (SZ) 13.38 yards Point Blank Range (PBR) 43.08 yards (maximum range without mil dot holdover) At this range the pellet would hit at bottom of the VZR...and I have tested this on target in the field to validate calc's...(Calm,no wind)So my effective kill zone is 13 yards to 38 yards where the pellet POI is center in the assumed VZR of 0.50"......

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

I have heard of those scopes but, have never seen one in my areaI Like It!

Ron...Leapers also makes CenterPoint under that name in same price ranges....features roughly same and big difference I noticed is the Leapers Bug Buster has bigger mil dots in the reticle...I also have a Centerpoint 3x9x32 IR mil dot which is a great scope on one of my rimfires...

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

This morning I changed scope mount for my Bug Buster from two rings to this Accushot offset single mount. This corrected a small eye relief issue I had with the other rings...(ran out of adjustment to rear on scope rail and was short by 3/4").Re-sighted rifle,and all is good now...Posted Image

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,339 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

That's a helpful option. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

That's a helpful option. :roflmao3[1]:

Especially for short rifle scopes like the Bug Buster....I figured I might have an eye relief issue when I bought the scope...and knew I might have to buy the Accushot Offset Mount if it did not work out with my other scope rings...makes shooting much easier now as I don't have to fudge my head closer to the eyepiece....lol...

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,339 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

That's what I like about it and the distance it appears it can move. It's always better to have more movement than less.

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users