5 replies to this topic

#1 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

I was shooting indoors in the barn tonight, after refitting the fill cap on my Disco. I didn't know it and had my head turned and my buddy set a .45 acp case on the thumbtack holding the target. I heard him shoot and then heard a richochet flying around the metal barn..hitting several walls down on the far end of the barn. The .22 Disco at about .75 fill of air did a number on the brass case.here's what the case looked like after he shot it.

Attached Files

#2 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

I shot my Disco .22 into a 2x4 once at 25 yards...had to dig the pellet out as it penetrated 3/4".....

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,315 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

I shot my FX Monsoon at a 2X4 and it went all the way through! :flag: Maybe I'll try it sideways next time.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

Thought you were gonna say he hit the live primer. That'll cause a little excitement. :flag:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,315 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

I was doing that on some shotgun shells I had laying around. Not smart I know but I shot them at about 35 yards and they make a big bang. Though not as fun as removing the shot and sliding them over an arrow and gluing a BB to the primer. Then shoot them stright up they make a fair bang when they hit the ground. :flag: :signlol2iu:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thought you were gonna say he hit the live primer. That'll cause a little excitement. :flag:

If he had set a live shell up there..he wouldn't be walkin home..he woud be running, with me hitting him in the butt with my truck front bumper LOLI'm pretty partial to my barn.Just the pellet bouncing around made me cringe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users