#1 coues killer

coues killer

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:anything outdoors.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

hey , new to the forum. Ran across some binos Brunton 15x51 for around 200.00 used. New they sell for 350.00 to 400.00 not sure of the model but do know they are a roof prism which is what Im looking for. I was planning on buying the Nikon monarch 12x56 but ran into these. Hopefully maybe someone could shed some light on this. I really need a binocular to cut through the Arizona heat waves at a decent price. Ive bought cheaper binos which seem to be ok for local use but if you have ever hunted the desert especially in Az. you have to fight the waves. Any info. would be great thanks

#2 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

I have owned the brunton's your speaking of. They are good glasses but with 15 power your going to have heat waves no matter how good they are. I also had a pair of 10x40 or 10x42 and they worked much better. The Brunton Company is very easy to deal with when it comes to work on thier products and they are very fair. I eventually sold mine and went with a different brand, but they are good glasses.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

When you have heat waves, the higher powers just magnify the waves, making them worse.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users