#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

I thought some here would be interested in the Benjiman Discovery version that is exported....note an adapter (threaded) is provided on end of barrel for fitting silencer..(legal in the UK)...and to compensate for barrel flex, Crosman moved the barrel band forward...Another tid bit is cost in UK for just the rifle is almost $400.00 USD without the pump option.....!! :) Posted ImagePersonally, I'd rather have a Disco with a raised breech and full barrel shroud like what is being done on the QB78's by some tuners here in the US....Rich

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,052 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

Nice! Everybody wants a Disco. And they said disco died in 1979! :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Nice! Everybody wants a Disco. And they said disco died in 1979! :)

:roflmao3[1]: John...here is pic from "Rich in Michigans" site of a QB78 with riser breech and full barrel shroud....I like this set up better than hanging a shroud(muzzle brake) off the end of the barrel......think I may call him to see if he has any thoughts/plans for the Disco.... :yahoo: Posted Image

#4 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

Before I knew about and bought my Disco from Mac1, I found Mountain Air online.Here is a pic from his site of the hi-rise receiver and fully shrouded barrel on a Disco.I'm not sure whjat he charges for parts, or if the whole rifle needs to be sent to Roy. I left a voice mail, I'll let you know what he says.RonRoy called me back a moment ago. he stated he has to modify the valve to and thread something to install parts. he said approximately $225.00 for whole job, shipping included.

Attached Files

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,052 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

Ron, If you talk to Roy again he's been a member on here since 14-February 2006 he goes by wabbitstalker. I haven't spoken with him in some time but told him I was adding an airgun forum. Have him stop in.

Time waits for no one--

#6 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Ron, If you talk to Roy again he's been a member on here since 14-February 2006 he goes by wabbitstalker. I haven't spoken with him in some time but told him I was adding an airgun forum. Have him stop in.

I just did John. he seems lke a nice guy. I mentioned this site when I spoke with him. I think there is a fair amount of competition between him and Mac1 one but anyone who knows more about the Disco than me (just about everyone except my grandma :) ) , I'll isten to.Roys contact number is 909-648-4621

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,052 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

I almost got my Disco from Roy but had PMed him a few times and got no response. So I went with Tim. But I am considering having Roy do the upgrade. Thanks for the number I've been to his site I was hoping he stop back in.

Time waits for no one--

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

This is very tempting....especially if Roy can fit an upgraded barrel over the Crosman....a good barrel would add about $170.00 or so to his $225.....Hmmmmmmm....

#9 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

This is very tempting....especially if Roy can fit an upgraded barrel over the Crosman....a good barrel would add about $170.00 or so to his $225.....Hmmmmmmm....

I asked Roy about that too. he said the $225.00 job is done by shrouding the existing Crosman barrel, he said he had no problems with the crosman barrel whatsoever. I asked about a Lother Walther barrel and he said that he doesn't stock the .22 LW barrel but could get it. Roy said he charges about $160.00 for a fully prepped LW barrel.As far as noise reduction with the fully shrouded barrel, he said noise would be reduced about 30%. I'm kinda up in the air about that..I love my shroud that I have and it took my sound down way past 30%..more like 60% , just guessing..but it's real quiet..Ron

#10 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

Ok, let me take this a little bit further...I know the hi-rise breech is not a Discovery breech but, actually a breech for the Crosman 2260 or Qb78?If thats the case, then the breech on the hi-rise very well could be big enough to accept the Roatary Indexing Magazine from RIM. So $225.00 gets you a much cooler looking rifle with full shroud that now is rotary magazine capable.....It is sounding more interesting. By the time I get those mods done and buy a Thumbhole stock...I will have a as much into it as I would a AAs410.

#11 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

Yep....and add about $80 for two mags....which is still in the works for the stock Disco...they have not given up yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users