10 replies to this topic

#1 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

Anyone here knows how to fix a moultrie trailcam? I accidently touched the positive and negative wires twice while trying to set mine up. Now the darn thing won't power up. I had it estimated from an electronics place nearby and they wanted $75 minimum. Does the company Moultrie fix these things? If so, anyone have the number or address? Thanks everyone!

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,936 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

I did a Google search and came up with this.http://www.moultrief...atid=gamecameraI'd try the contact us. See what they have to say.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

Thanks John

#4 .243Win

.243Win

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

I can't say enough about Moultries service.My brand new IR camera was defective right out of the box.I called and talked to one of the techs.I sent the unit back to them.I received another new camera, which came with all the accessories I already had from the orignal camera.Turnaround time was about 1 week.Let us know how your repair goes.

#5 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

I was told the cost to repair the camera would exceed the price of a new one......so I ended up throwing the darn thing away :smiley-sorry:

#6 Pruneemac

Pruneemac

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

dont get it? bretmoua shorted out the camera. Why would Moultrie be the bad guy?

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

One of my Moultrie's crapped out too. I've got it sitting here but will probably throw it away. Not worth the money to repair such a cheap camera.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#8 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Ya im having to agree with you there, my moultree needs 6 D size batteries and MAN that thing weights a ton! been on the hunt for one used that might be on craigslist or maybe ebay, looking to get a deal this time and not pay friggin retail.
KILLEM ALL, LET GOD SORTEM OUT!!!

#9 PigHostile1

PigHostile1

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

id could use that broken cam if you still have it? im a eningeer its easy and simple to repair

#10 huntking

huntking

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

I sent an e-mail to Moultrie regarding repairing mine. They said they are busy and it would take 3 days to hear from them. I have been waiting about 2 months now to hear from them. It maybe better to call them.

#11 sitruc

sitruc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

If anyone has a Moultrie model I65 camers that they are salvaging, I would like to buy it for parts.I need the LCD screen out of one.(252) 977-6775

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users