9 replies to this topic

#1 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

I read today that supposedly Crossman is coming out with a new PCP for next year. I don't know if it will just be an upgraded Benjamin disco or something under Crossman's name. I did read someone speculating that it would be a Disco with a rotary magazine and will be revealed at the SHOT show this winter.Has anyone heard anything about this?Also, my youngest son and daughter, ages 12 and 13 said they would like a .177 Disco for Xmas. Wonder if Mac1 will give me a discount for two rifles and a pump? :roflmao3[1]: Ron

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

Ron, you will have a problem feeding the airgun habits of three shooters. But that pump should slow down the pellet expenditures. :signs1180lq:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:42 AM

The "new" Crosman PCP may be an FT model...some prototypes have been tested at matches this year and guys have posted about them...??Posted Image

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Ron, any particular reason why you would get them .177 cal Disco's? I would think just go with the .22's it makes pellet selection easier and you will get less noise. Plus if you take them hunting I really believe the is a better choice. Also resale is usually better on the .22. You still pump them up the same.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

I agree with John. Xneeh the .177 and go with the .22 cal.

#6 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

I was just thinking about the cost/availabilty of pellets. Kids are not nearly as choosy when it comes to targets..meaning I could see them shooting through 500 pellets a piece on weekends. Knowing there is a large selection of .177 pellets around here..I could buy them Crosman pellest for about $6.00 for 500 instead of roughly $14.00 (shipping included) for JSB's. I doubt they will be shooting for groups..more like shooting anything that moves and wasting a bunch of shots on leaves, twigs like they do with their 760'sI'm giving them this week to decide if thats really what they want...they change their minds on xmas wishlist pretty often. last week it was a Goliath basketball system, the week before that it was a new Ipod, etc.

#7 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Ron,Mail order the pellets to save money and get a better selection. And if your kids get bored of shooting their discos then dad has two in .22cal that he can take friends hunting with. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

If they shoot 500 pellets they'll be too tired from pumping.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

More rumors about the 2009 Disco....supposedly being released mid-2009 as the "Marauder" with black composite stock and has a aluminum breech and a few other changes....???From reading on other forums there has been much talk/pictures of "Discovery prototype" FT rifles being tested...and used in FT matches...not clear if they will market an FT version.....I'll go search to find more pics...Edit: Here is one...Posted Image

#10 nightwolf

nightwolf

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

AoA has some info on their site if you guys are still interested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users