9 replies to this topic

#1 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Hopefully, I am not opening too big a can of worms here, but I am looking for opinions and input on the FoxPro FX3. This one:http://www.midwayusa...leitemid=235117I like the feature where you can download sounds from other sources. Seems like a good value overall (I can get it for 350 OTD). How difficult would it be to get rechargeable batteries that would work with this, as well as a car cigarette lighter charger? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:59 AM

The Foxpro FX3's are great callers. Check out Allpredatorcalls.com if you order from them you can get the FX3 with the sounds that you want.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:10 AM

+1 for http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:27 AM

Russ, they are good callers. I have one. I got mine for under $300 on ebay. (was watching for them and found a deal) I like the remote, the range is good, sound is good, etc. You can download the program to change the sounds from their website, it is very easy to add/remove and to move them around on the caller. We need to get together and you can try mine out.

#5 BADCOYOTE

BADCOYOTE

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

The foxpro fx3 is great called lots of coyotes with mine. Foxpro makes the best E callers on the market I would also check out the new fury foxpro. That one looks pretty good for the money.
BADCOYOTE

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

+1 for Ebay! Saw one there for $285 the other day!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#7 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

I love mine... It has great sounds, very realistic, the remote has good range, battery life is pretty good, ability to change the sounds, connect a jack in the box decoy etc..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#8 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for their input. I ordered it and it should be here by the weekend. Now I am scrambling like mad trying to come up with the money to pay the dealer. Oh, this is truly a sickness isn't it.....

#9 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

Yep it sure is.. But lucky for us they havent figured out a cure yet :) It is a known fact that buying more gear helps relieve some of the pain, and also shooting critters calms the nerves and helps the breathing issues :)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#10 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

I've had mine for a couple years and love it. I got some rechargeable Nicad batteries from Walmart and use those. I get plenty of run time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users