Photo

Does anybody know how to drive this thing? LOL.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. While watching some football today, I decided to get my AA 410ERBSL set up for this coming seasons varmint hunts. I put the MTC Viper 4X16X50X30MM scope back on her. I love the SCBR reticle that this scope has. SCBR stands for Small Caliber Ballistic Reticle and it is very useful for long range airgun shooting. It gives you many aim points for both windage and elevation. Very useful for hold off, over, and under. I find it to be extremely useful when hunting ground squirrels or prairie dogs at 60 to 100 yards.I also reinstalled the camera mount and the 30MM Scope Level. A lot of the squirrel terrain that I hunt in is very steep and rugged. Some of the shots will be out there at 80 to 100 yards and it's pretty much impossible to just eyeball it and get the gun level. It's also useful for making sure the camera is level when videotaping.Anyway, the setup looks pretty busy, and when I first started video taping with it, it was like the proverbial "monkey and the football", but running it now is pretty much second nature.I'm going to be scouting out dog towns here in Northern Arizona in the Spring, and California Ground Squirrel hunting will begin for me in about 75 days. Really looking forward to getting after the furballs again next year.I'm going to focus a lot on hunting with the AA 410 next year. I want show what these guns are capable of at the longer distances. I had an entire hour of video that I shot using it last year, but lost it all when the camera ate the cassette during rewind. In case anyone wondered why there are no video clips of the AA 410 being hunted in my DVD, that's why. To say I was bummed would be an understatement. It was three full days of taping with some really nice shots that got turned into a bunch of useless wrinkled video tape. Proving once again that "Murphy" is alive and well, and always standing by to lend a helping hand exactly when least needed. :signs1180lq: Here's how she looks after being reconfigured.Posted ImagePosted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

I almost ordered one of those scopes from Airguns of Arizona but couldn't find anyone who had used one. I should have known to ask you Cliff. They come with those big side wheels if you want them too. I liked the reticle because it is almost identical to my Varmint Reticles I have on my Leupold varmint scopes. That's ashamed about losing that tape you shot. Only 75 days till furball shooting time in California? That's a nice looking setup but I like my thumbholed AA410 more. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

I almost ordered one of those scopes from Airguns of Arizona but couldn't find anyone who had used one. I should have known to ask you Cliff. They come with those big side wheels if you want them too. I liked the reticle because it is almost identical to my Varmint Reticles I have on my Leupold varmint scopes. That's ashamed about losing that tape you shot. Only 75 days till furball shooting time in California? That's a nice looking setup but I like my thumbholed AA410 more. :signs1180lq:

It actually came with the large side wheel, but that thing is heavy and this beauty already weighs 10.5 pounds as configured. If I want the thumbhole stock to hunt it with, all I have to do is swap stocks with the AA 410CRBSL. :eck05: :bleh[1]: :lol:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

I forgot about that gun! :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

That's quite the set up you've got there Cliff. I particularly like the look of that MTC scope so I went over to the Airguns of Arizona site and checked them out. Now you have me rethinking my scope set up on a number of my air rifles. :signs1180lq:

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

That's quite the set up you've got there Cliff. I particularly like the look of that MTC scope so I went over to the Airguns of Arizona site and checked them out. Now you have me rethinking my scope set up on a number of my air rifles. :signs1180lq:

They aren't the cheapest scope on the market, but for airgunning at the longer ranges, they are awesome. Lots of in-between aim points. I like my mildots but this is even better. I also like the side focus for the parallax adjustment. They also have locking turrets. Lift to unlock, make your adjustments and then push in to lock. :bleh[1]: The sunshade is also included. :eck05:

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

I forgot about that gun! :bleh[1]:

I know, but I didn't. :signs1180lq:

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

That scope looks exactly like the Millett tactical scope I have and the specs are the same too. The glass and features are great but I have had my share of problems with it. I sent one back the first time when the point of aim changed with changes in the magnification. They sent me a new scope and admitted that the first one had problems. I sighted in my 25-06 again and last Friday I took it out of my safe for a yote hunt and the illuminated reticle was not functioning properly. I called Millett and they have been bought out by Bushnell. I had to send the second one back too. :signs1180lq: It is a nice scope, when it works but it is a bit on the heavy side. I am attempting to parlay it into a Bushnell and be done with the problems. I hope yours works out for you and all stays operational.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

That scope looks exactly like the Millett tactical scope I have and the specs are the same too. The glass and features are great but I have had my share of problems with it. I sent one back the first time when the point of aim changed with changes in the magnification. They sent me a new scope and admitted that the first one had problems. I sighted in my 25-06 again and last Friday I took it out of my safe for a yote hunt and the illuminated reticle was not functioning properly. I called Millett and they have been bought out by Bushnell. I had to send the second one back too. :signs1180lq: It is a nice scope, when it works but it is a bit on the heavy side. I am attempting to parlay it into a Bushnell and be done with the problems. I hope yours works out for you and all stays operational.

I've got three of them and never had a single problem, but then again the ones under the MTC Viper name are sold specifically as PCP airgun, rimfire scopes, so they may not be the same as the Millet line. Or they might be the same and they just hold up better in applications with little or no recoil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users