• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

So how is everry one cooking the big bird for Thanksgiving ? . Have mine soaking overnite then its on the smoker in the morning.MMMM.Start it at 5:00am should be done before lunch dinner what ever people call the meal on Thakskiving. Have a great Thanksgiving you all. :two-cents: :two-cents: :harhar1[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

Happy Thanksgiving,,Deep frying my Turkey, 2hours before my family comes over.......OH I forgot,and my Lovely IN-LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The genuine sportsman is, by all odds, the mostimportant factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extinction." THEODORE ROOSEVELTNRA Lifetime Member/DU Member

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

BBQ. One on the charcoal Weber, and another on the propane Weber. The one on the charcoal Weber always turns out the best.

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Going to do mine Breast down in the old brown paper bag. Line the bag with crisco so it does not burn up. Wrap the bird with bacon cooking it breast down keeps it from drying out same for the bag.

#5 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Not going to do a traditional Turkey this year. My daughter got those two Pheasant at the Junior Hunt a couple weeks ago and we are having those. My wife has a recipe involving onions and sour cream and mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup. Hoping for the best!Possibly will go to my brother's later in the day for Turkey, Prime Rib and Ham.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#6 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

Went to my sisters turkey day with my kids, lets just say she couldn't cook a tv dinner.Tonight we are having a re-do. B/Q on the weber always turns out good. p.s.Not like my shooting i am 0-4 the last 2 weeks.

#7 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

We rubbed the Turkey down with homemade Honey-Butter, then sprinkled some Lowry's ontop of it... Came out extremely moist and very good... The gravy turned out great as well...

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

I made my own version of turducken. I took ground venison and stuffed a quail with it then I stuffed that into a game hen. I sprinkled salt and pepper with Italian spices then I took an onion and a handful of garlic with some olive oil and blended it together until it was a thick paste. I poured the paste over the birds so that they stayed moist and it worked great!

#9 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

we did two 12lber's..one roasted and one deep fried..cajun injection + cajun rub on the deep friied version. Came out AWESOME!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#10 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

Exactly like we did, at exactly the same time. LOLWe did an extra breast this year... i hate leaving empty space in the smoker! :-)

#11 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

We deep fried two while in camp :) Had stuffing, mashed potatoes, asparagus vegies, and MAN did we eat LOL....
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#12 coues killer

coues killer

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:anything outdoors.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

a little late, but marinade turkey breast in a garlic basil herb overnight. Throw on the rotisserie for 4 hours basting every so often. Use the drippings for gravy Yummy.

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

You guys should write a book.I didn't know there was so many ways to cook a turkey.Thumper how did that turkey come out in the smoker and how long does it take.

#14 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Great took about 6hrs. Thinking about doing another soon. :crazy:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users