• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

My Dad mounted the squirrel targets on a 4 x 6 piece of pine andgave it to me so I had something other than paper targets to shootat.At 25 yards I am finding that some pellets are penitrating the 1/2 inchrubber squirrel targets and some are bouncing off. Is it the angle or the pellets I am using?Attached File  DSC00926.JPG   130.62KB   46 downloads

#2 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Eye Protetcion, Eye Protection, eye protection!!Rubber targets havd a tendency to shoot back!!It's probably your angle, I have seen 7.62x39 rounds skid off of a rubber department store maniquin head. Some rounds went right through it.We were standing in the same spot, it really didn't make sense but it just happened.Ron

#3 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Ron.... I am wearing my (camo) safety goggles. (wouldn't want the rubber squirrels to see me)!!!!

#4 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

Oh Yeah, i had one of those dolls with the stuffed body and rubber head and arms setup as a target. didn't take much before i switched. i also quit shooting at empty soda cans the shrapnel would hit just about everything. good job though good practice for when the little critter shows himself.

#5 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

I bought one of those little rubber squirrel targets too. The problem with mine is that it got so many pellets stuck in the head that the weight of the lead won't let it pop back up anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users