10 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:41 AM

http://www.ul.com/co...rs/turkeys.html :crazy: Some safety tips: To help reduce the fire and burn dangers associated with cooking with turkeyfryers, follow this advice from CPSC and UL: * Only use turkey fryers outdoors; away from any building ormaterial that can catch fire; in full view * Make sure there is at least two feet of space between theliquid propane tank and the fryer burner * Keep children and pets well away from the fryer when in useand for several hours after cooking * Never place the fryer on wooden decks or under a garage,carport, or breezeway * Never leave the fryer unattended; monitor the temperatureclosely * If any smoke at all comes from the heating pot of oil, turnthe burner off immediately - this means the oil is overheated * Cover bare skin and use pot holders * Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the amount ofoil to add; do not overfill the fryer * Make sure the turkey is completely thawed and dried beforeadding to the oil; water and ice crystals can cause the oil to splatter orspill over :)

#2 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Sure makes me glad I only use my turkey friers for brewing beer.LOL..Good advice, I watched a mishap a couple years ago and what a mess and what a fire. No one was hurt but it was spectacular....Walt

#3 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:02 PM

popular southern thing to fry turkey's they are good eating too cooked in half the time.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

Yea boy, they're good and you can really fry your patio and deck area too! Just ask my brother in law. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#5 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

We avoided the entire fire hazard by buying an electric fryer.Can only fry up to a 14lb turkey, but it is totally worth avoidinga fire that could take down the house and possibly the neighborhood. :harhar1[1]:

#6 sawmillpond

sawmillpond

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

My wife and I make fried dough. Buy the frozen dough. Thaw/riseWe make 4 per loaf, roll outgently place in deep fryer with tongs, flip in 45-1 min wait 1 more min. They are great. Also I had used my turkey oil. Never tasted any diffrent than Fair fried dough.I have heard to drop in a potatoe to sponge up flavors. We never noticed. It was nice because we did about 20 quickly for my sons cub pack.I will bring a shallower pan so I don't have to heat a bunch of oil. Problem with standard size is you have to carefully drop in dough if your scant on the oil.

#7 bigunn0_0

bigunn0_0

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

:lol: My father n law just bought the new still that uses no oil haven't seen it work yet but is supposed to be very good.bigunn :horse apples:

#8 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I used my turkey frier the other day, for the first time, to fry up 10 pounds of chicken legs and thighs. I seasoned up the flour prior to, and cooked for 20 minutes. OH, so good!!

#9 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

Here's mine from a couple years ago, just a touch over done but still Mmmmmm!Posted Image

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

That's a really nice fryer you have Dave. I like those anti-tip supports.

#11 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

:signlol2iu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users