Photo

The AA 410ERBSL shooting the new 18 grain JSB Heavies.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

I had a few hours to kill this afternoon, so I headed out to a Forest Service road that is only about six miles from the house. I hadn't been down this road before and wanted to check out the area.My goal today was to spend some time shooting the new 18 grain JSB Heavies in my AA 410ERBSL. I had 4X4ed my way about 5 miles down the Forest Road, when I came to a nice flat area that was sheltered all the way around by nice mature Ponderosa Pines. I pulled in and started setting up my shooting stand. I put my target frame at 30 yards, and uncased the AA 410. I fired a mag at random pine cones to condition the bore to a new lubed pellet.I put five in the 10 ring, and then moved the target out to 50 yards and fired five on the head. Again, they are printing on the target exactly where the 16 grain JSB Exacts do. The conditions weren't perfect, but by waiting for the lulls, I was able to shoot a couple of pretty good groups. These things ought to be hell on wheels in a prairie dog town, and the California Ground Squirrels aren't going to be real happy with them either. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Posted Image

#2 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

Ok you've sold me. I'm going to be ordering up a bunch.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

I got some today from UPS. Man those things print awesome. You can't beat the fact they shoot like that. :rolleyes:

#4 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:42 AM

If you guys can tell me something i hit a furball with the AA410 yesterday at 38 yrd's smacked it good in the shoulder he was about 3 ft off the ground and he fell right off his pearch. I was shooting cphp's 14.3 i thought i had him then after about 15 seconds he climbed up the tree and into his hole about 20 ft up his tail was out in full view as i walked to him .I couldn't shoot because he would have just fell in so i sat down and waited i knew he was hit i just hope he would turn and come back out . 5 minutes later he did turn but only his head was visable and i watched him exspire . My question is would a heavier pellet help me with more knockdown power i don't like losing them to a tree , i have some jsb's 14 grain and would like to try a hevier pellet Thanks chris , so i sat there and after about 10 minutes i glassed this furball coming at from 200 ft out he didn't stop until he was 20yrds away i put the gun up as he was 5 feet up the tree and took him off handPosted Imagehe's marinating now with one from and earlier hunt

Edited by ShooterJohn, 25 November 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:00 AM

The problem with the Crossman Premiere Hollow points is that they are too hard. I hate those pellets especially with these higher powered air rifles. They just go right through without any stopping power. I like the JSB's or Kodiak's because they are softer, flatten more and are more accurate. Squirrels are tough critters and if you just punch a small hole in them they are self sealing and run away.

#6 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thanks john it was the softness that made me put jsb's aside. Set up a target at 20 yrd's today and shot both the disco and AA410 after about 20 rounds of the cp,hollow points i had nice groups but after 20 rounds of the JBS 14.3 grain it was clear they are more accurate . So i've decided to give them a try ordered 2 tin's of 500 18.1 grain from arizona airguns today . Very happy with the Air arms it's at about 500 rounds and really breaking in nice i have it dailed up to full power and i get alot of shots from 250 bar down to 100bar

Edited by The Knot, 25 November 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#7 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

I want that gun!!

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

They are really nice and I think the best factory made airgun at the moment. That side lever cocking system they use is noting short of fantastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users