• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

I recently bought a used Winchester model 140 autoloader that looked like new. I tried it this past weekend and it was stove piping and I also had trouble getting shells into the mag. Anybody have any stories about these shotguns? I wonder if it just needs a few boxes of shells pushed through it to wear it in a bit. I am just about ready to do a tear down and see WTF? Suggestions :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: ......(yeah I know...junk it and buy a good one).
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

I have a cousin that shoots one. He pais a hundred bucks for it and it is unbelievably reliable. Every year for our family reunion we do an informal trap shoot and over the past ten years I think his gun is the only autoloader that hasn't had a jam...and he probably hasn't cleaned it in ten years either! I don't know anything about the workings of the gun but you could try asking at the winchester lovers forum over at shotgun world. Some of the guys there are very knowledgable and they helped me out with getting the timing set on my old winchester model 50.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

You didn't post the guage or chamber length. Make sure the Dram Equiv is heavy enough for the gun. 2 1/2 is too light.Also add a couple of drops of solvent to the piston located inside the front end of the mag tube.

#4 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

A tear down and clean would be my first to do list then lube with tri-flow or super lube You would be surprised most new guns never get that much needed tear down and clean as most are afraid that they canít get it back together and only clean the barrelI worked in a gun shop down here for 5 years and lets just say what most claim is clean Ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users