13 replies to this topic

#1 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

I need a holster for my sig mosquito, bought a fobus but the plastic is very hard on the gun finish, what other option do I have? what kind of holster is easy on the gun finish? leather?

#2 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I carried everyday for several years and used only leather. i just couldn't get used to the feel of plastic, don't like the looks, and I just can't believe it isn't harder on your finish.always carried a .45 so can't help you with a model for the SIG.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

How well do you like your Skeeter? Was looking at one today in Rocklin and I really like the way it feels and looks, curious how it shoots...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

Since I can't get a CCW at this point, I do carry when I'm at home. Usually my 605. I use the soft leather IWB holster, it is very comfortable and holds the gun very discreetly. None of my friends ever know I'm carrying. It also has a "sweat guard" liner for those hot summer days. They are inexpensive too. http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Edited by Jeff, 23 November 2008 - 04:56 PM.

Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

How well do you like your Skeeter? Was looking at one today in Rocklin and I really like the way it feels and looks, curious how it shoots...

I like it, got it on sale for $309 + fees, it shoots well but very picky on ammo, Sig recommend CCI mini-mag HV 40gr, but I use Federal bulk 40gr from wal-mart, it shoots fine too.

#6 DocAmentler

DocAmentler

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

I routinely carry in a TT Gunleather IWB holster that is kind to both my weapon's finish and also to my skin. It's a very comfortable holster, the cost is reasonable and the wait time is about 2 months. Tim makes them by hand and is an excellent craftsman. Here is the link:http://www.ttgunleather.com/I have nothing to do with the above manufacturer other than being a very satisfied customer who bought the product at full price like everyone else.

#7 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Since I can't get a CCW at this point, I do carry when I'm at home. Usually my 605. I use the soft leather IWB holster, it is very comfortable and holds the gun very discreetly. None of my friends ever know I'm carrying. It also has a "sweat guard" liner for those hot summer days. They are inexpensive too. http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Great holster site! Always looking for another holster for carry. Wish he had more tuckable IWB. Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Great holster site! Always looking for another holster for carry. Wish he had more tuckable IWB. Darren

I was thinking the same thing. I have never heard of them before. The prices are AWESOME! I was planning on (and still will probably get one) getting the Crossbreed Supertuck, but that's like $80 compared to $30 here. I may have to give them a try.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

What tuckable IWB holster are you looking at for $30?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

What tuckable IWB holster are you looking at for $30?

The IWB-7 is listed for $28.99 with the sweat guard:http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htmI also like the look of the IWB 3.2. I like that it Cant's, but I don't like the high riding part (just want as much concealment as possible).
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#11 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Ordered one of those for myself. Can't wait to see how it works out. Bought it with the sweat liner.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

When you get this one, please post a review of it. I may consider one myself if you like it.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#13 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

I did just get my Action Pro Gear Defender bellyband yesterday. Wore it around the house and I must admit, I am very pleased with it! My Sig P220 is a bit big for that type of carry, however my S&W SW40VE fits in it great! No printing in either dockers or jeans. It would be a bit difficult to draw, but sitting and walking around are no problem with it. My preferred would be a tuckable IWB, but this is not a bad backup!http://www.actionprogear.com/And I will post a review of the JMG Holster once I get it.Darren

#14 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Ordered one of those for myself. Can't wait to see how it works out. Bought it with the sweat liner.Darren

Get your JMG holster yet? Anxiously awaiting your review. :crazy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users