13 replies to this topic

#1 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

I need a holster for my sig mosquito, bought a fobus but the plastic is very hard on the gun finish, what other option do I have? what kind of holster is easy on the gun finish? leather?

#2 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I carried everyday for several years and used only leather. i just couldn't get used to the feel of plastic, don't like the looks, and I just can't believe it isn't harder on your finish.always carried a .45 so can't help you with a model for the SIG.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

How well do you like your Skeeter? Was looking at one today in Rocklin and I really like the way it feels and looks, curious how it shoots...

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

Since I can't get a CCW at this point, I do carry when I'm at home. Usually my 605. I use the soft leather IWB holster, it is very comfortable and holds the gun very discreetly. None of my friends ever know I'm carrying. It also has a "sweat guard" liner for those hot summer days. They are inexpensive too. http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Edited by Jeff, 23 November 2008 - 04:56 PM.

#5 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

How well do you like your Skeeter? Was looking at one today in Rocklin and I really like the way it feels and looks, curious how it shoots...

I like it, got it on sale for $309 + fees, it shoots well but very picky on ammo, Sig recommend CCI mini-mag HV 40gr, but I use Federal bulk 40gr from wal-mart, it shoots fine too.

#6 DocAmentler

DocAmentler

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

I routinely carry in a TT Gunleather IWB holster that is kind to both my weapon's finish and also to my skin. It's a very comfortable holster, the cost is reasonable and the wait time is about 2 months. Tim makes them by hand and is an excellent craftsman. Here is the link:http://www.ttgunleather.com/I have nothing to do with the above manufacturer other than being a very satisfied customer who bought the product at full price like everyone else.

#7 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Since I can't get a CCW at this point, I do carry when I'm at home. Usually my 605. I use the soft leather IWB holster, it is very comfortable and holds the gun very discreetly. None of my friends ever know I'm carrying. It also has a "sweat guard" liner for those hot summer days. They are inexpensive too. http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Great holster site! Always looking for another holster for carry. Wish he had more tuckable IWB. Darren

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Great holster site! Always looking for another holster for carry. Wish he had more tuckable IWB. Darren

I was thinking the same thing. I have never heard of them before. The prices are AWESOME! I was planning on (and still will probably get one) getting the Crossbreed Supertuck, but that's like $80 compared to $30 here. I may have to give them a try.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

What tuckable IWB holster are you looking at for $30?

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

What tuckable IWB holster are you looking at for $30?

The IWB-7 is listed for $28.99 with the sweat guard:http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htmI also like the look of the IWB 3.2. I like that it Cant's, but I don't like the high riding part (just want as much concealment as possible).

#11 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Ordered one of those for myself. Can't wait to see how it works out. Bought it with the sweat liner.Darren

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

When you get this one, please post a review of it. I may consider one myself if you like it.

#13 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

I did just get my Action Pro Gear Defender bellyband yesterday. Wore it around the house and I must admit, I am very pleased with it! My Sig P220 is a bit big for that type of carry, however my S&W SW40VE fits in it great! No printing in either dockers or jeans. It would be a bit difficult to draw, but sitting and walking around are no problem with it. My preferred would be a tuckable IWB, but this is not a bad backup!http://www.actionprogear.com/And I will post a review of the JMG Holster once I get it.Darren

#14 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Ordered one of those for myself. Can't wait to see how it works out. Bought it with the sweat liner.Darren

Get your JMG holster yet? Anxiously awaiting your review. :crazy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users