9 replies to this topic

#1 Jon

Jon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Promised I would post when I picked up another gun. Plus hunting season in Georgia is getting into full swing.I picked up this FX Tarantula in .22 a few weeks back after posting a wanted ad for one. I saw Cliff's and fell in love with it's looks. Mine is a little bit older version similar to the RWS Rapier, except this one has an 8 shot magazine. I get 3 magazines on a fill in the 29ftlb range with JSB Exacts.I recently brought it to an airgun benchrest match (my first ever) and placed second with it and I was only 4 points from winning the match. So lets just say this gun shoots like a house A' fire.The gun was loud as heck so I couldnt shoot it in the yard, after a special lead collector was added it now is squirrel fart quiet, which by the way is very quiet for a gun of this power, much quieter than my former AA410. For those of you who have not seen one of these in person, they are very similar in size to say a CZ rimfire, or an old 580 series remington.Mine weighs 7 lbs with a large bushnell 4200 8-32. Which makes it a very hunting friendly woods walking type rifle. Benchrest accuracy in a light hunting length/weight rig makes for a winner in my book. If you all have seen Cliff's video you'll see that this type of rifle is a killing machine in the right hands.Posted ImageAlso, I want to give a shout out to shooterjohn for keeping in touch and providing yet another great spot to talk airguns, and John keep fighting the good fight on the other forums, there are unfortunately a bunch of game law breakers out there and good on you for speaking out on that.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Jon that is sweet gun. Cliff knows I'm looking for one too. I know there are several like it floating around so I'll snag one sooner or later.Thanks, I'm not making any friends by quoting the law to them about illegal hunting. But it hurts our sport and discredits us as sportsman. I've been given the talk by a few moderators but unless they ban me I'll politely quote them line and verse of the law. A lot of it is people honestly often don't know the law. I try to know the law to the best of my ability and hopefully teach them something. Thanks again I wasn't sure anyone paid attention.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Jon

Jon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

Jon,Put a WTB ad on the yellow, and keep in touch with AOA. Those are the best routes to get an older FX. Also dont forget about pyramid air, if you arent against .177 they sell a webley spectre in .177 that is almost identical to an FX cyclone for a much reduced price. The only thing it doesnt have is the eternal power adjuster. I will be buying one soon myself. I like the idea of a biathalon cocking action.Good luck on the hunt, they are worth it, I find the tarantula to be one of the best I have owned for a sporting rifle, and I have owned a few! Most accurate .22 I have owned yet.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Jon! :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--

#5 socalmatt

socalmatt

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

That sure is a nice looking air rifle..
Join the NRA

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:08 AM

Friend in Texas just got this one with two stocks....he asked which stock should he use...I told him use the Syn for hunting and the wood for FT....LOL....BTW...he says it shoots lights out....Posted Image

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Nice!

Time waits for no one--

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

So many airguns, so little money! :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#9 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Nice lookig rifle Jon!Every time I show my wife somebodys new gun..she gets this real suspcious look in her eye! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#10 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

Show her their new girlfriend. Maybe she'll stop caring about the guns. :roflmao3[1]:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users