#1 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

My wife was hiding the mag from me. I didn't get to read it, but plan to. I REALLY want one of these!

#2 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

I read the article the other day and felt they could have said more about it. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first saw the advertisements for the Disco over a year ago. I'm was thinking that there is no way that an American company could produce a quality airgun for the price they were advertising. Well I was wrong. All the hype is correct, and I can't reccomend the gun to enough people. I really think that it is going to change the whole Airgun market here in the states for the better.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

Here is link to article...scroll down page..http://www.americanr...s_BenjDisc.htmlNot a bad write up for a powder burning rag...note test was with 'open sights"...

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

I read the article the other day and felt they could have said more about it. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first saw the advertisements for the Disco over a year ago. I'm was thinking that there is no way that an American company could produce a quality airgun for the price they were advertising. Well I was wrong. All the hype is correct, and I can't reccomend the gun to enough people. I really think that it is going to change the whole Airgun market here in the states for the better.

They definitely have a winner. Rumor has it that they are working a some more models. A repeater would be very cool.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Here is link to article...scroll down page..http://www.americanr...s_BenjDisc.htmlNot a bad write up for a powder burning rag...note test was with 'open sights"...

Pretty good write-up. I wish they had tested it with a scope too. It's getting a lot of good press on the airgunning forums. Partly because I can't keep my mouth shut about it. :1106:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

It's getting a lot of good press on the airgunning forums. Partly because I can't keep my mouth shut about it. :nice_need_pics:

That's funny..(I've seen your posts)....what i have noticed on forums are the number of guys buying the Disco....and the .22 seems very popular....several are moding them...and the ones buying the MAC1 version are very pleased...

#7 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

That's funny..(I've seen your posts)....what i have noticed on forums are the number of guys buying the Disco....and the .22 seems very popular....several are moding them...and the ones buying the MAC1 version are very pleased...

So what exactly is the MAC 1 version?

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

It is tuned by Tim McMurray owner of MAC 1 Airguns....really makes a difference over the stock factory Disco in shot string consistancy,accuracy...I ordered the rifle/pump combo from him....and many others are doing the same...

#9 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:18 AM

It is tuned by Tim McMurray owner of MAC 1 Airguns....really makes a difference over the stock factory Disco in shot string consistancy,accuracy...I ordered the rifle/pump combo from him....and many others are doing the same...

Cool - thanks.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,706 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

Tim recrowns the barrel and cleans up the workings for a smoother and more consistent shooting airgun. He also tests them before they go out to be sure everything is working as it should.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users