• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

I was hoping to go turkey hunting yesterday but an emergency phone call cut that short. So I decided to rake some leaves instead and I had some help waiting for me.Attached File  DSC_0172.JPG   73.38KB   39 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0174.JPG   77.07KB   38 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0177.JPG   69.48KB   38 downloadsI mention work and they fly the coop!Attached File  DSC_0181.JPG   53.36KB   37 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0198.JPG   58.68KB   37 downloads

#2 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

I could only wish to see something like that in my backyard. :1106: How many times a day are you feeding those things? :hellohello9il:

#3 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

:1106: Shoot the redhead.

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:12 PM

That's pretty cool John. We never had turkey's at our old house, but we had a few coveys of quail that hung around. I loved just watching those little characters and all of their funny antics. It's nice when you have wildlife around your place.I do believe we was being "mooned" by that one dude. :1106:

#5 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

So where is the picture of you posing with one? Thanksgiving is fast approaching. :1106:

#6 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

So where is the picture of you posing with one? Thanksgiving is fast approaching. :signs1242cn:

yeah i was wondering the same thing, at the end the pic only had two left...i hope you got the others!!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

I'm having Peacock for Thanksgiving! :signs1242cn: I couldn't harm my neighborhood pets! :roflmao3[1]:

#8 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

:WTF_1:

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

I know someone that bought a home with property that the former owners had peacocks. They tried trapping them and it didn't work out so I've been asked to remove them. They are very good eating and make great jerky too.

#10 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Leave to John - if not Crow then Peacocks!!! LOL...I've never had Peacock, but heard they are tasty

Edited by mac, 24 November 2008 - 10:51 AM.

#11 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

So John where is the trophy pose of you and the peacock then? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#12 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

I want to hear about the peacock recipe!!!We had DOZENS of turkeys on the property in the spring. I actually took one with a bow at a lazed 56 yards... Now, with Tday quickly approaching... Non, zero, nada, zilch. Gotta love it.

#13 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

i wish i lived closer to yah S.J. i would cover 1/2 gas and beer and would be great for entertainment value.

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Sorry but since it isn't much sport except for distance I haven't bothered to document my achievement. It would equate to holding up the Aflac duck you see in the commercials. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: As for cooking them my favorite way so far is like a large beer in the rear chicken. That way it stays very moist and I just use a rub I've come up with on my own for doing chickens. I use a medium sized tomato juice can as beer cans aren't strong enough to work well. I would like to try one deep fried but dealing with the oil afterward is such a pain. Plus if anyone has ever spilled oil during a deep fry adventure knows what that is like! I've also been slicing some and grinding some that I made into jerky. One precaution is that I use to be safer is to slice the meat and freeze it at 0 degrees or lower for 30 days to help kill any parasites that may be in the meat. I didn't do this at first but it was recommend to me by someone in the know. The sliced I just marinate and the ground I throw some rub minus most of the salt and use my jerky shooter to squirt out strips. I've mixed some ground with ground beef too and it's very good also. I can make jerky out of anything pretty much. Maybe some crow jerky when the season rolls around.

#15 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

LMAO @ Crow Jerkey!!..wait, you were serious?!? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#16 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

Nice pictures John!I have had some funny sounding jerky..wonder if those guys have the same setup you have. I had one friend bring me bluegill jerky once...it was pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users