Photo

Who makes a nice pistol caliber carbine?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

I would love something in 9mm thats CA legal. The MP5 would be awesome but it is 15k and up plus its not CA legal. I then thought maybe an Uzi but those are not CA legal. Then I looked at the Berretta CX4 but those aren't CA legal either. Who makes a CA legal 9mm carbine thats affordable and doesn't look like :crazy: ? I keep looking but can't seem to find anything cool.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Why would you want a 9mm carbine?

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

Cheap ammo. Fun to shoot at the steel targets at the Angeles pistol range. It doesn't have to be a 9mm but some sort of pistol caliber. I am just wondering what the options are? Maybe I need something like this for the range ahahaha. :crazy:

Attached Files

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

Marlin used to make a "camp carbine" you could check to see if they still do.

#5 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:41 AM

track down a Winchester Trapper they came in .357 and .44 plus some other rifle calibers... No longer made but you can probably find a used one for a good price.

#6 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

Marlin used to make a "camp carbine" you could check to see if they still do.

I have one of these, very cool little carbine. Got it for 300 bucks from a guy on another gun forum.You can look into Ruger PC9, but they are expensive. Probably even more so now. You can also get a Hi-point carbine with a bullet-button. Or just skip all that and build a 9MM AR. :1106:

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

Heck, for just fun, cheap shooting, you can't beat a 22LR in my opinion.

#8 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

If you want a wallet friendly version, check out Hi-Point. Not the best quality, but has a no questions asked lifetime guarentee, 100% USA made, parts and all.check 'em out here

#9 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:54 AM

Go Kel Tec sub-2000 rifle

#10 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

How about a Ruger 44 Carbine?

#11 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:12 AM

Why not build an AR with a 9mm upper? If you already have an AR, you just need the upper, mag adapter and magazine (I think that's all you would need).

#12 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

Thats probably what I will do but I was hoping that there was another option.

#13 SStgQ

SStgQ

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, Hikking, FISHING, HUNTING, Swimming, HUNTING, Camping, HUNTING, Off-Road, and HUNTING.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

Well...do you currently have a Glock or a 1911 in 9mm? If you do, then you can buy one of these: A Carbine Conversion Unit. I have one for my Glock 20 in 10mm. I use it mainly for home deffense...every time I take it to the range everyone around me wants to know what it is I'm shooting and where can they get one. It's fun to shoot, quite reliable and you can switch between hand gun and carbine by just changing the upper.

#14 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

I got your answer right here.http://lanworldinc.com/index.htm

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

Well...do you currently have a Glock or a 1911 in 9mm? If you do, then you can buy one of these: A Carbine Conversion Unit. I have one for my Glock 20 in 10mm. I use it mainly for home deffense...every time I take it to the range everyone around me wants to know what it is I'm shooting and where can they get one. It's fun to shoot, quite reliable and you can switch between hand gun and carbine by just changing the upper.

Did you happen to read their disclaimer???"Legal Alert: This product is for sale to California dealers under limited conditions only. Although the product of itself is legal, the resulting combination with a pistol frame becomes illegal under California law. Please contact Mech-Tech for details relative to dealer sales in CA. At this time we know of no other states where the combination is not legal but we caution everyone to become aware of relative state and local laws"

#16 SStgQ

SStgQ

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, Hikking, FISHING, HUNTING, Swimming, HUNTING, Camping, HUNTING, Off-Road, and HUNTING.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

Yes, I read it. Once you combine the pistol with the Conversion Unit then it becomes illegal. however, it is not illegal to own one, it is illegal to fire one. I have taken this baby to the range any number times with out a single problem. Only once the range master asked me anything about it, and it was how long is the barrel (16.25"), how much did it cost you, and how long did you wait for it. Transportation wise, I keep them separate to avoid problems if pull over by the police.A friend of mine is an Investigator for the San jose City DA. I showed it to her and we went over the California Code. He told me that I can most defenetly use it for home deffence without a problem. As long as I don't go around displaying it in public I should be Ok.

#17 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Could you possibly contradict yourself anymore? :signs1242cn: The law states that if it is assembled, whether being fired or not, it is illegal. Doesn't matter if it's in your home, your car, or the firing range. And is your friend a "he", a "she", or...both? :roflmao3[1]:

Edited by ShooterJohn, 24 November 2008 - 09:35 AM.

#18 SStgQ

SStgQ

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

OK, you got me there...My friend is a HE. I was talking to my wife as I was writing my previous post, hence the confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users